Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Re: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    "Joan," we'll call her, is STILL saying "Hasta la vista, baby" when someone leaves for the day.

Surely no judge would convict me, right?
    Nope. A sand wedge to the temple ought to do it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another "Joan"-ism, though it's not exclusive to her:

"Mary" is away from her desk. "Burt" from IT sits at her desk temporarily to fix her computer. "Joan" walks by and says, "Mary, how you've changed! Ha-ha!"

Has that ever been funny? And is my company the only one where people do this?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my sand wedge.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Looks like someone's got a case of the Monday's!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Looks like someone's got a case of the Monday's!
    Funny you should say that. I've often said that "Joan" is one step away from being that woman.

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    There are a couple people who alwys use their speakerphone for every phone conversation, turn up the volume and talk loudly, so that everyone can hear both sides of their conversation.
    The excessive use of speaker phones annoys me. There are many who use the speaker phone option simply because they have finally figured out the speaker phone option and want to show off.
    If you are calling someone for a short conversation while you have your feet propped on your desk and hands knit behind your head, you don't need to be using a speaker phone.

I have found a good solution when coworkers call me while using speaker phone. "What?" "Huh?" "I can't understand a word you're saying."

Co-workers at lunchtime who can't chew their food with their mouths closed. It's like looking down your garbage disposal.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Wow, this is the topic for me.

Let's see, a guy I work with in my office literally runs wherever he goes. Need to ask someone a question, better run there. I get it you're busy, I'm busy too, but running in the office? C'mon.

Same guy pretty much yells while he's on the phone. I can just picture the people on the other end holding the phone 4 feet from their ear. What makes it worse is that he has a bad lissssp.

Another office "joke" that is way overly used and completely not funny..."Oh, I see you and Eric are both wearing blue, I didn't get the memo that today is blue shirt day." har har har har har!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is worse than the running though. I'll be plugging away and I have somebody dart past my cube shaking the entire floor and I just want to stab someone with my pencil.

I'm sure there are more, I'll be back.

I work in a factory, and it simply amazes me the way the employees, and it's primarily men, treat the cafeteria and locker rooms. They simply trash them. And it really urks me when people don't know how to flush a urinal or toilet.

I really feel sorry for the help that has to daily clean up after these slobs.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I work at home...always have as my main work center... something like 14 years now.

I loath office work, and will make sure that any future job allows some time to work from home... as for coworkers I have a guy who wants to talk over things prior to a client meeting after a client meeting and at times when on the phone with the clients he'll IM me instructions.... I told him recently to stop that and to assume that I knew what I was doing and he'd have a smoother time operating under that assumption then the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Funny you should say that. I've often said that "Joan" is one step away from being that woman.

Interesting, we've got one of these, only nowhere near as funny.

I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

We have a manager in our office that really should be working as a Walmart greeter. The only time you see him, is first thing in the morning, when he makes the rounds...Hi John! Hi Sue! Oy vey. This brief greeting followed by his prior nights highlights of events. Who cares. No one likes you. Shut up and go away already jackass

Turn Off Ads?