Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Re: Irritating co-worker habits--Coughing

Rats in a union shop.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I have co-workers who get in fist fights once or twice a week. It was mildy amusing at first but now it's midly annoying.
    They get into fist fights at work? Wow.

Wow! You guys are tough.

3 things:

Someone who wants to chat and doesn't take a hint that you're busy.

Someone who interrupts a work conversation like their stuff is more important, or interjects in a conversation they have no part in.

Someone who stands at your door and desk and just stares.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I know this is a given, but I can't stand the loud talkers. For right now I'm stuck smack in the middle of Cube City and I can hear every last detail about the personal lives of some of the folks around me (and not just those directly adjacent). Quiet down guys, this isn't Mayberry and Sarah doesn't have to connect you. Technology's come a long way. Stop yelling!
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Razor works with ultimate fighters.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I have allergies that affect me all year long. My throat is always full of gunk, so I am an annoying throat clearing guy at work.

There are a couple people at my office who don't understand when a conversation is over. And what's worse, one of them often pauses for a long time after one topic, then starts another just when you are starting to turn and walk away. It's like a game.
    I figured it was allergies regarding my co-worker with the throat clearing. I have them too. I have bought and use an air filter/purifier in my bedroom at night and it has completely cleared up my sinus and allergy problems. May not work for everyone.

I don't dislike her because of it, but feel she could clear her throat without someone 50 feet away hearing every bit of it I suppose. It's just obnoxious and I've never heard someone in my life have to clear their throat so loudly and often like that - she needs to see a doctor as others in the office complain about it too. It can't be healthy and something is obviously pretty wrong with her - take care of it!

Yeah. They're lowly roofers, I do copper work. I am far above their fighting. :

Actually it's not really as bad as it sounds, most of them are younger guys who have been friends for a long time and hang out all the time outside of work, so it's more like brothers getting on each other's nerves. My younger brother is one of the worst offenders. The only times I step in and stop it are the times that they are fighting on the roof of a house 30-40ft up, which does happen occasionally (hard to believe, I didn't believe it until I saw it the first time). I am sure I would find it much more annoying if I worked around them all the time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Razor works with ultimate fighters.
    Pretty much. I'm not kidding, they think they are going to be in the UFC someday.

Pretty much. I'm not kidding, they think they are going to be in the UFC someday.
    It's good to have dreams.

It's good to have dreams.
    I know. I wish I could grow up to get the crap kicked and punched out of me.

I know. I wish I could grow up to get the crap kicked and punched out of me.
    As long as you get paid well for it...

When working for TWC, I knew a lot of guys who constantly claimed they were training to do mixed martial art competitions to get into the UFC. Its pretty much the new WWF as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, the fighting is real, but when people at work and school repeat what you say because they think it was funny and try to replicate your signature move it is exactly the same. I also worked with a guy there who was still into the whole wrestling thing. He would always walk around and imitate WWE stars and try to put you in headlocks and what have you. He was one of my GF's friends so that made it even worse. She would always drag me along to the wing joint where they had the pay-per views. BTW, if you think you look cool by imitating your favorite wrestler, you couldn't be more wrong. As cheesey as it looks on TV, its even worse in person.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I have one coworker who talks loudly all the time (on the phone or just talking to the person in the next cube), who doesn't stay in her area at all (and she's a customer service rep so she's really supposed to stay there for most of the day instead of disappearing for sometimes twenty minutes at a time ), and who makes every single little thing into some big drama that has to be dealt with RIGHT NOW. She is one of the most annoying coworkers I have ever had and this is coming from someone who now sits on the other side of the room and STILL notices all these things! There is a very noticable change in everyone when she's not here...we're all a lot happier, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I work in a building where everyone is in these small outer offices, some have one person, some have 2 people, and some have 3 depending upon the employees position's. There are a couple people who alwys use their speakerphone for every phone conversation, turn up the volume and talk loudly, so that everyone can hear both sides of their conversation. Each office has a door, so you'd think they could at least close their door.

Of course, I handle it very maturely by slamming my door whenever they annoy me, so the person on the other end asks, "What was that?"

Probably the only thing the other people in my office hate worse than the loud speakerphone users is the guy who always slams his door.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

"Joan," we'll call her, is STILL saying "Hasta la vista, baby" when someone leaves for the day.

Surely no judge would convict me, right?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?