Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi drinkers

Re: Pepsi drinkers

sava, this happens every year at this time. Odds are your Pepsi was frozen, or exposed to repeated temp changes. It is the same basic idea as skunky beer. It tastes stale, and it has little or no carbonation. Pop has a very low tolerance to variations in temperature.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I once watched a pack of deadheads strip a free truck of Pepsi light in Vegas, the whole thing was gone in 5 minutes... it was like locusts had landed.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    sava, this happens every year at this time. Odds are your Pepsi was frozen, or exposed to repeated temp changes. It is the same basic idea as skunky beer. It tastes stale, and it has little or no carbonation. Pop has a very low tolerance to variations in temperature.
    Interesting. I didn't know this, but it does make sense.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The only way I like Coke is if it's heavily diluted with Captain Morgan or Jack Daniels.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    The only way I like Coke is if it's heavily diluted with Captain Morgan or Jack Daniels.
    You should be nicer to your Jack Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    i'll only drink Coke from McDonalds.

it tastes better there.
    "It is much easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

All soda tastes better out of a good fountain, it's the only way I drink it anymore, at home it's juice and iced tea.
    Go Gators!

sava fan is cracking me up

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Poopsi drinkers (No Croke)

Support the little guy, swith(sp?) to RC Cola!

Aquafina and Dasani are just filtered tap water...buy a filter!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've noticed that there is a distinct difference in the flavor in the last two 12 packs that I've drank from. It also seems to lose it's carbonation very quickly. Has anyone else noticed this? It is definitely not an improvement!
    It should be obvious. It's CARBONation. Carbon Dioxide. CO2 is considered by many to be a pollutant...a greenhouse gas. They're putting less of it in sodas because it's the "green" thing to do. Everytime you enjoy that fizz in soda or foam in beer, you're warming the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    It should be obvious. It's CARBONation. Carbon Dioxide. CO2 is considered by many to be a pollutant...a greenhouse gas. They're putting less of it in sodas because it's the "green" thing to do. Everytime you enjoy that fizz in soda or foam in beer, you're warming the planet.
    Hey, after the last few weeks, I want nothing but to warm the planet.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    They sell boiled beans at the ballpark in Atlanta?

Say, isn't the Coca Cola plant in Atlanta?
    My wife loves boiled peanuts. But she grew up (for the most part, at least) in a verrrrry redneck part of North Carolina.

Coke world headquarters are here. Right over by Georgia Tech on the north side of downtown. But I don't know if they have any bottling plants here.

And what's really weird about Coke - we've lived here since 1995. Met all sorts of people from all sorts of walks of life. Lived in 4 different places in 4 different parts of town. Mrs. fan has had 5 different employers. I work for a pretty big organization. Different churches, different community sports leagues, the whole 9 yards.

But we've never met anyone who works for Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    My wife loves boiled peanuts.
    Sounds like a brilliant and sensible woman with excellent taste.

For the record, after finishing the last can of Pepsi, I just returned from Kroger with a 12 pack of Cherry Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

But we've never met anyone who works for Coke.
    I too love boiled peanuts and I know someone who worked for Coke in ATL, that said my sister had a contract with Coke and their company had to sign a waiver that they would not drink Pepsi products when working with Coke, they had to remove their Pepsi machine fro their office too.

Turn Off Ads?