Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: NCAA Tournament Day 1

Re: NCAA Tournament Day 1

So what do you think of Bayless? From what I've read he is the 3rd-4th pick in most mock drafts, but honestly I haven't really got a chance to watch him play very much. Do you think he will be a star?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    So what do you think of Bayless? From what I've read he is the 3rd-4th pick in most mock drafts, but honestly I haven't really got a chance to watch him play very much. Do you think he will be a star?
    JB has plenty of talent and will succeed in the NBA, but I don't think he is ready because he hasn't become the complete player he needs to be right now. I don't particularly like the NBA, so I don't pay attention to mock drafts. But he's going to have a difficult decision to make and I think it will come down to whether he really thinks he is ready...From my POV, I think he'll get much better next year if he stays because he'll be working with Lute and should hopefully have a better team around him to improve his play. He's got a nice jump shot, as well as a great pick and roll shot. He needs to toughen up his defense for sure, however, that may not be a requirement for the next level. In all, I think he has much more that he can gain by staying with the Cats, but I'm pretty sure he'll be a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I was going to go with WVU over Duke, but I had a weird feeling Arizona would upset WVU. Thought Bayless would carry them to a victory.

Never trust Arizona in the tourney. They will always break your heart.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I didn't really see Duke turn it up defensively as much as Belmont seemed to forget how to run an offense and score over their last couple of possessions.

I just think it comes down to inexperience. Belmont was visibly rattled while having the lead late in the game. All Duke had to do was wait for Belmont to give the game back to them.

They had their opportunities...but the fact that Duke wasn't going to get a foul called on them in the last two minutes didn't help Belmont.
    I watched that inbounds play over and over. No fewer that 3 obvious fouls. At one point the guy trying to set a pick gets stiff armed and thrown to the ground right under the hoop hello Mr. ref
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Most mocks have him going 3rd or 4th (behind Brook Lopez)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    They had their opportunities...but the fact that Duke wasn't going to get a foul called on them in the last two minutes didn't help Belmont.
    I watched that inbounds play over and over. No fewer that 3 obvious fouls. At one point the guy trying to set a pick gets stiff armed and thrown to the ground right under the hoop hello Mr. ref
    Come on. Only someone with an anti Duke bias could see 3 obvious fouls against Duke on that inbounds play. I watched it over and over also just now, I didn't see anyone get "stiff armed and thrown to the ground". The one screener did his job and took two Duke defenders out of the play. Someone forgot to cut to the basket, because the middle was wide open.

What about right before that play where the Duke player had perfect rebounding position and the Belmont player landed on his back and somehow it's a jump ball. That was a text book over the back call.

I no where people stand on this one so I'm sure you'll get plenty of people running to Belmont's defense. Whatever.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?