Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 201 of 201

Thread: NCAA tournament Day 2

  1. #196
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    Interesting hypothesis I heard about Vandy... that their 'unique' home floor situation is actually a disadvantage for their team come tournament time.

    Would they benefit in the long run from having to play all of their games with the same bench situation as the rest of the country as well as what they will be forced to use in the NCAAs.

    Not saying that's why they lost, b/c it clearly wasn't, just something to ponder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,429

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Interesting hypothesis I heard about Vandy... that their 'unique' home floor situation is actually a disadvantage for their team come tournament time.

    Would they benefit in the long run from having to play all of their games with the same bench situation as the rest of the country as well as what they will be forced to use in the NCAAs.

    Not saying that's why they lost, b/c it clearly wasn't, just something to ponder.
    Didn't hurt em last year. Or in 03-04.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  4. #198
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    What was it like being at that game? Are you glad you went? Did you go to the other days of games as well? What was the crowd composition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #199
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,429

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    What was it like being at that game? Are you glad you went? Did you go to the other days of games as well? What was the crowd composition?
    It wasn't as good an atmosphere as other venues I've been to. Tampa isn't a great basketball town. Easter weekend/Spring Break may have held the crowd down some too. The weather was pretty nice, so your casual fan may have been playing golf or fishing instead. Beautiful arena right on the waterfront.

    Clemson had by far the most people there. Then Vandy/Villanova/UConn all with about the same amount. Western had quite a few people make the trek.

    You could've had a ticket in the club level yesterday for $10. Maybe 5 by the time the games started.

    I am glad I went. I was born in BGKY and my dad still lives closeby and has Western season tickets so seeing them make it through was great. He and his cronies were thrilled to say the least. Plus I got to see some of my Vandy peeps that I hadn't seen since school and spent a great day on a boat on Tampa Bay on Saturday.

    I'm torn about what to do with my tickets for Detroit for this weekend. I got decent seats pretty cheap. Don't know if it's worth the drive. You want em, WMR?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  6. #200
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,959

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    Oh wow that is tempting!!! I have plans but damn that would be fun!

    How far of a drive is Detroit for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. #201
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,429

    Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Oh wow that is tempting!!! I have plans but damn that would be fun!

    How far of a drive is Detroit for you?
    3.5-4 hours
    When all is said and done more is said than done.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25