Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take Me Out to the Movies or Movies Madness

Re: Take Me Out to the Movies or Movies Madness

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    You mean Jimmy Fallon?

Yeah, Jimmy Fallon is about as funny as cancer.
    He laughs at his own jokes more than the people watching do

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    He laughs at his own jokes more than the people watching do
    I know he's not on it anymore, but I watched SNL last week and it seemed EVERYONE on there now laughs at their own jokes, very annoying.
    Go Gators!

SNL sucks so bad nowadays... Just super, super lame. You're right, everyone cracking up at their own unfunny jokes is the tip of the iceberg.

I like the 'SNL Digital Shorts'

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If you look at pictures of Ring Lardner, Sayles is almost a dead ringer for him.
    My daughter pointed that out to me today. It's uncanny and now I can see why he cast himself in the part - because I thought Studs Terkel was better than him.

Sayles

Lardner
    Last edited by redsmetz; 03-22-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Ring Lardner is said to have patterned Alibi Ike after baseball player King Cole. A bunch of popular major leaguers made cameo appearances in the film, among others Guy Cantrell, Dick Cox, Cedric Durst, Mike Gazella, Wally Hood, Don Hurst, Smead Jolley, Lou Koupal, Bob Meusel, Wally Rehg and Jim Thorpe.

I didn't know Joe E Brown was born in Ohio (Holgate).

I've been searching for a copy of Alibi Ike. I found a new VHS copy, which I bought. I have the capability to then burn it over onto DVD.

He played the daffy millionaire Osgood Fielding in Some Like It Hot (1959), wherein Joe, after discovering that his "girlfriend" Jack Lemmon was actually a man, brought down the house by uttering the film's classic punchline: "Well, nobody's perfect."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?