Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Majewski and Coutlangus option to AAA

Majewski and Coutlangus option to AAA

Last edited by mth123; 03-22-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majewski and Coutlangus option to AAA

Well what am I supposed to do with my authentic Majewski jersey now?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    With the beatings stopping for now, the value should stop dropping.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Originally Posted by Hal McCoy in the Dayton Dailey News

“They told me they brought too many guys (pitchers) into camp and that didn’t give me much of an opportunity,” said Majewski. “I didn’t pitch much and that’s why I was frustrated. Same old stuff - I didn’t know exactly what they wanted me to do..."
    Here's a hint Gary, get people out.

I might have to crack open a celebratory beer today with the news that Majewski is heading to Louisville!
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I might have to crack open a celebratory beer today with the news that Majewski is heading to Louisville!
    Now you can shift your anger towards some of the other contenders for the bullpen, such as Stanton, Mercker, Lincoln and Burton.

It would appear the bullpen is nearly set: Closer Francisco Cordero, RHP David Weathers, LHP Mike Stanton, LHP Jeremy Affeldt, LHP Kent Mercker, LHP Bill Bray, RHP Todd Coffey, RHP Jared Burton (or RHP Edinson Volquez is they strangely decided to keep Homer Bailey as the No. 5 starters, which shouldn’t happen). And Mike Lincoln, with his 95 miles an hour fastball is hanging in there.

It looks as if the main decisions are whether to keep Mercker or Bray as a third lefthander because Stanton and his $3 million contract are locked in. And the last righthanded spot is between Coffey (perfect all spring), Burton (a struggler and straggler) and Lincoln - out of baseball for three years after TWO Tommy John surgeries, but back throwing harder than ever.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Majewski is actually *****ing at the move and blaming the Reds? That is too much. Hey Gary, guess what, this wasn't all based on THIS SPRING. This was also based on you absolutely sucking for the last two years. Now get down to Louisville, work hard and maybe we'll see you back.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Hang it in the closet next to the Saarloos jersey?
    /r/reds

For the Reds' sake and for his own, Gary Majewski really needs to be traded. He needs a change of scenery. Maybe he can go somewhere else and become an effective pitcher (and maybe not), but it isn't going to happen for him here.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    He needs a change of scenery.
    I agree 110%. Maybe Chicago or Milwaukee?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I don't quite get McCoy's view on the bullpen. I would think that Cordero, Burton (despite bad spring), Weathers, Affeldt, Bray are locks. That leaves Stanton, Mercker, and Coffey for two spots. If Reds feel they need to keep Stanton due to contract, one open spot remains for Mercker or Coffey. Since 4 lefties is ridiculous, I'd expect Coffey to get the spot and Mercker be let go.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Now you can shift your anger towards some of the other contenders for the bullpen, such as Stanton, Mercker, Lincoln and Burton.
    Way to kill the mood....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

The team just made a big drop in the number of vowels on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    For the Reds' sake and for his own, Gary Majewski really needs to be traded. He needs a change of scenery. Maybe he can go somewhere else and become an effective pitcher (and maybe not), but it isn't going to happen for him here.
    No question. He had the deer in the headlights look from the first day. I think the controversy of the trade must have gotten too him. Just my theory. He needs to go somewhere where he is a low key just another guy. Probably not in a pennant race.

As for his complaints, I think 35 pitchers in camp is a lot, but if last year's guys would have pitched better, the team probably wouldn't be turning over every rock to a find a reliever. He just needs to pitch well. It looks like the scattershot approach may pay off. Word is Mike Lincoln is throwing 95 MPH.
    Last edited by mth123; 03-22-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't quite get McCoy's view on the bullpen. I would think that Cordero, Burton (despite bad spring), Weathers, Affeldt, Bray are locks. That leaves Stanton, Mercker, and Coffey for two spots. If Reds feel they need to keep Stanton due to contract, one open spot remains for Mercker or Coffey. Since 4 lefties is ridiculous, I'd expect Coffey to get the spot and Mercker be let go.
    I don't see where Jared Burton should be a lock. Sure, he was the second-best reliever in last year's pen (behind Weathers), but he only has half a season of effective work under his belt--less than Coffey, to be honest. And they have similar skill sets.

But when it comes down to it, Stanton would be the one I would cut out of the herd. I would also send Lincoln to AAA to continue his comeback.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?