Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonzalez Returns

Gonzalez Returns

Shortstop Alex Gonzalez has been cleared to begin baseball activity. In fact, he's hitting in the cage now.

I still think he begins the year on the disabled list. Gonzalez has been out since March 1 with a compression fractuce in his left knee
    The question now becomes, 9 days away from Opening Day can he be ready to go by the 31st? I agree with Fay in that he starts the year on the DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Gonzalez Returns

As do I

That's encouraging at least. That should mean his timetable to return should not be too long. I'd think one stint on the 15-day DL should do it. Who goes when he comes back? Could it finally be the end of Castro?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    That's encouraging at least. That should mean his timetable to return should not be too long. I'd think one stint on the 15-day DL should do it. Who goes when he comes back? Could it finally be the end of Castro?
    I bet Keppinger has options...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    There is no way on earth the demote Keppinger to keep Castro on the roster,
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I would hope not...but a guy like Gil or Phillips could make the team out of ST, but then be sent away when Gonzo's ready...

I would hope not...but a guy like Gil or Phillips could make the team out of ST, but then be sent away when Gonzo's ready...
    My take is that Castro's only chance of making the roster is short term filler while Gonzalez is rehabbing. I'd be very surprised if Castro is on the 25 man roster come the end of April. I think the fact that Jerry Gil is playing SS today and Andy Green is still in camp makes that pretty evident.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Why limit your mind? Perhaps they demote Votto to make room for Gonzalez.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Why limit your mind? Perhaps they demote Votto to make room for Gonzalez.
    Why would they do that?

That doesn't even make sense.

My take is that Castro's only chance of making the roster is short term filler while Gonzalez is rehabbing. I'd be very surprised if Castro is on the 25 man roster come the end of April. I think the fact that Jerry Gil is playing SS today and Andy Green is still in camp makes that pretty evident.
    I hope you are correct!

That makes sense, but if this organization has taught me anything it's to be prepared for surprises, even if they are completely counter intuitive.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Man Pills

I completely disagree with this. As others have said, if he has options....he's the one getting shipped out.

Keppinger is out of options

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I completely disagree with this. As others have said, if he has options....he's the one getting shipped out.
    It's just not going to happen.

Dusty is talking about keeping Cabrera, Green, Hairston or Gil as the 25th man. Do you honestly believe the Reds are going to keep one of those guys and demote Keppinger?

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    Keppinger is out of options
    Good to know!

Turn Off Ads?