Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals get Utecht

Re: Bengals get Utecht

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I, for one, am pleased with this offseason (no sarcasm). They got rid of an awful defensive coordinator and replaced him with a competent one. They opted not to once again franchise-tag Justin Smith, and instead gave that tag to a versatile and still improving Stacy Andrews. They signed a DE who showed he can actually get to the QB (although I'll admit he was certainly aided by a couple his All-Pro teammates), and now they have a pass catching TE, something many Bengals fans have been clamoring for for years.

Yeah they missed out on Shaun Rogers, but that was due to a BS technicality. The Bengals might yet still get DeWayne Robertson from the Jets. And that's not even factoring that there's a legitimate chance they could grab either Dorsey or Ellis in the draft.

The Chad fiasco I'll give you. Marvin should have handled it better, but I'm sure it's no cup of tea to deal with an ego-maniac like Chad Johnson. Still, if you don't think this is an improving team, then I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but I very much disagree.
    I have this weird feeling the Bengals and Jets have agreed in principle to a trade that would go down on draft day depending on who the Benglas get in the first round. They get a DT, no trade; DE and its on.
    "I'm a Cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. Please don't send me to the pickle farm, bum." - Brak

Record In Games Attended, 2007: 2-1 (1-0 GAB, 1-1 Jake)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Re: Bengals get Utecht

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Marvin had no business playing the the playoff game but I think his point is that the Colts have Ben's replacement already on the roster in Brian Fletcher. Back up tight ends dont really lead you to Super Bowls.
    Yeah, Utecht is not Reggie Wayne. I caught a little of Ken Broo this morning on WLW trying to be clever with Utecht's name. It was cringe-worthy. Then he said baseball teams should never trade an everyday player for pitching (in referencing the Hamilton/Volquez trade) and I had to tap out. Is that the best they can come up with? No wonder radio listenership is down across the board.

Turn Off Ads?