Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 8x10 Returned by votto...

8x10 Returned by votto...

I posted awhile back asking for the spring training address, today i received the first response. Votto signed the 8x10 and returned it.

I also sent them to cordero, bruce, baker, phillips, cueto, and volquez, but haven't heard back yet, just thought if any of you were interested in that kind of thing you'd like to know that votto was a success! I'll post a picture of it, as soon as i get it uploaded.
    Last edited by mroby85; 03-22-2008 at 11:33 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8x10 Returned by votto...

Where do you find the addresses? I'd love to get some stuff signed.

Ed Smith Stadium
    1090 N. Euclid Avenue
    Sarasota, FL, 34237

I would expect the Phillips one back. He's usually pretty good about it.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I wouldn't recommend sending them to ed smith stadium now though, i would probly send them to Great American, since they're leaving in about a week.
    that will be sweet if i get the phillips back, i sent it to cincinnati along with the volquez, since i didn't get them to spring training in time.

Roby, I saw you tried to PM me, but my box was full, and now that I have emptied it, it isnt showing your email, but I asume it is re this. Congrats, that is awesome!!! Glad to hear Votto came through, as I have heard mixed reviews on him, although he was pleasant and signed forme both time I met him last year. I just printed out a handful of photos this morning, and am writing letters to get them off, wish I would have done it in time for ST though, but will try my luck through the team, although I have not had very good luck that route the last few years. Please keep me updated if you get others back!

classy

What is the address for sending these to GABP? Also, any tips that may get my pics more likely to be signed? Thanks guys!

Players Name
    c/o Cincinnati Reds
    Great American Ball Park
    100 Main Street
    Cincinnati, OH 45202-4109
    USA

I have a huge reds room, and i always send them a picture of that, to let them know i'm truly a fan. I also send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, that is HUGE! they won't send it back if they have to pay for postage. finally, just stick a handwritten letter in their to the player you're writing too. thats all i do, i got successes from dunn and kearns when they were young prospects.

One bit of advice i'd give is to not waste time like with griffey/dunn now. it's smarter to send to guys such as votto, cueto, volquez, or bruce, who haven't become a huge name yet.

Where is the best place to get Pics online to send? Do they ever send a pic if you write just a letter? I once sent Peyton Manning a letter during his rookie year and he returned a personalized signed picture answering my questions.

i've always sent something, so i'm not really sure, i would like your chances a lot better though if you send something to be honest. I just search pictures on the internet, save them to scan disk, and then have them made into 8x10's on the machines at wal-mart. make sure the pics you save are good size or it will be very blurry. if you get a big one though, they're just as nice as the mlb licensed ones.

What about players in Lousville and the other minor league teams? Is there an address to send something to say....Jay Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Rounding Third View Post
    What about players in Lousville and the other minor league teams? Is there an address to send something to say....Jay Bruce?

This page should have all the info you need:
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/mlb/m...x.jsp?c_id=cin
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

When I was in high school, I sent a baseball card to the Phillies for Mike Schmidt to sign, and I had no expectation of him to actually return it. I did the same thing for Mario Soto.

I got Soto's card back in about a month. Schmidt did finally sign the card and sent a typed and signed letter to me...2 years after I sent it Hey, I was just thrilled to get it.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Klu, I had a similar experience for Schmidt a few years back, ahd sent him a card, and gave up hope (to be honest, forgot I had even sent it it had been so long), and @ 2 years later, got an envelope in the mail with the card signed.

A little off topic but...

I am looking to increase my Reds bobblehead collection so if any of you have any extras you'd be interested in selling let me know!!! Thanks!

Turn Off Ads?