Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Rays 3-23-08

Re: Reds vs Rays 3-23-08

Cueto may have just had a bit of deadarm ala Bailey(though Bailey's is more "dead leg"). It happens.

The worse alternative is he is gassed from overthrowing to make the rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Cueto may have just had a bit of deadarm ala Bailey(though Bailey's is more "dead leg"). It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post

The worse alternative is he is gassed from overthrowing to make the rotation.
    If that's true, then a 41 pitch outing should rest him enough to bounce back. Assuming of course that throwing 41 pitches all in one inning didn't shred his shoulder.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Homer wasn't awful the other day. Cueto got rocked harder today than Bailey has any time this spring. Its one game and Cueto still should get the shot before Bailey.... but today was really, really ugly for Cueto.
    Ya. Today was about as sucky as suck can suck.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Dunn up with the bases loaded. Even a base clogging walk would produce a run.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

This is sad, brings realism to the whole cueto situation.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Bray threw another scoreless inning.

I'm wondering if being more aggresive early in the count is screwing up Adam's head. Ever since that came to light in the media, he hasn't hit squat. Sometimes you just shouldn't try to change someone.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Bray: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Bray has now thrown six innings of shutout ball this spring with only two hits allowed and four strikeouts.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I know its a real small sample, but Bray is really impressing so far this spring

Votto has reached the mendoza line! That puts him above Dunn (.175) and Edwin (.184)
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I know its a real small sample, but Bray is really impressing so far this spring
    Yep. I think he's going to have a big year for us if he stays healthy.

Burton has given up a run and 3 hits in 2/3rds of an inning.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Andy Phillips
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-23-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

:valentin:

Reds lead 9-7!

Turn Off Ads?