Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Graves sighting

Senor Votto

Graves sighting

Graves sighting

As Hal McCoy and I were making our way from the field to the Reds clubhouse, we ran into Danny Graves. That Danny Graves.

Graves was wearing a No. 60 Minnesota Twins uniform. He just signed a minor league deal with the Twins three days ago.

“I was sitting home waiting,” he said. “They told me to come in. They asked me if I could pitch Sunday. I said, ‘This Sunday? Sure.’ Then today they asked if I could go two innings.”

He did.

He went 1-2-3 and threw only five pitches on the first. He gave up an infield single and two-run homer in the second.

Graves spent last year with the Long Island Ducks. He led the independent Atlantic League in saves. He was big league camp with the Colorado Rockies last year before getting released.

Since the Reds released him May 23, 2005, Graves has been with the New York Mets, the Cleveland Indians and Rockies. He’s gotten precious little big league time.

“We’ll see how this works out,” he said.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Graves sighting

Don't the Twins have an extra catcher lying around somewhere?

Stat geek...and proud

Good luck to Danny. He'll probably need it. For some reason I've been rooting for him. I guess I felt bad for him the way it went bad SO quickly here.

I received a bad vibe from Mr. Graves his last two years in CINCY. I read stories in the Enquirer and WLW of him coming to spring training in expensive automobiles and bragging about how much he paid for them etc. I am sure other ball players do the same thing but when he declined on the mound, I remembered reading those articles and thinking he took things for granted and his work ethic was not there any longer.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Who is the author of the original article in the first post?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Who is the author of the original article in the first post?
    John Faye

Turn Off Ads?