Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds.com gets an updated look

Reds.com gets an updated look

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cin

My apologies if this has been discussed in another thread. I missed it if so.

Reds.com has gotten a little facelift as well.

Looks pretty good IMO. A little crisper than the old verison.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds.com gets an updated look

Their message board looks better too. Well, aesthetically speaking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=cin

My apologies if this has been discussed in another thread. I missed it if so.

Reds.com has gotten a little facelift as well.

Looks pretty good IMO. A little crisper than the old verison.
    No offense, but this has to be at least two days old. Every MLB site got the "updated" look...which I guess is better, although seemingly less personalized than the previous site as now all MLB clubs are essentially cloned.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

too much crap going on

When will these companies realize that a web site isnt about cramming as much crap on one page as you can? It looks like a campus bulletin with how much stuff they are showing.

I think, many times, when a company works on a website for so long, they convince themselves that its super sweet because they put so much time into it but often, a new set of eyeballs just wince in pain looking.

I was hoping for more "white space" (not actually white) and less cannibal clicks (places that take your from their content)

Products like VIP rewards and Johnny Bench helmet are the same advert but only bug me because they are posing like Reds information.

I am happy to see they did away with the flash news and went back to the simple HTML version to flip through latest stories.

The countdown to opening day is excessive and could have been placed as a banner below the menu system.

I know its a huge challenge to present the viewer with as much information as possible especially with a sports team but there has to be a point where less eye garbage and more space to give your eyes a chance to move around without feeling bombarded with animations, harsh contrasting colors and annoying advertisings that take you away from the product (I know i know, its a marketing thing for 3rd party sales, its just annoying). The photo section at the bottom is needless and the More From the Reds could have been shifted off page and linked from the Team Headlines section.

Rant over.
    Last edited by smith288; 03-24-2008 at 01:24 PM.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    too much crap going on

When will these companies realize that a web site isnt about cramming as much crap on one page as you can? It looks like a campus bulletin with how much stuff they are showing.

I think, many times, when a company works on a website for so long, they convince themselves that its super sweet because they put so much time into it but often, a new set of eyeballs just wince in pain looking.

I was hoping for more "white space" (not actually white) and less cannibal clicks (places that take your from their content)

Products like VIP rewards and Johnny Bench helmet are the same advert but only bug me because they are posing like Reds information.

I am happy to see they did away with the flash news and went back to the simple HTML version to flip through latest stories.

The countdown to opening day is excessive and could have been placed as a banner below the menu system.

I know its a huge challenge to present the viewer with as much information as possible especially with a sports team but there has to be a point where less eye garbage and more space to give your eyes a chance to move around without feeling bombarded with animations, harsh contrasting colors and annoying advertisings that take you away from the product (I know i know, its a marketing thing for 3rd party sales, its just annoying). The photo section at the bottom is needless and the More From the Reds could have been shifted off page and linked from the Team Headlines section.

Rant over.
    What a whiner.
    Witty signature.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Thanks Joseph,

I hadn't been to the Reds Official site in a few days (usually I check in there once or twice a day) and I appreciate this post of yours. Regardless of when MLB made the changes, I'm glad you brought it to Redszone's attention.

Don't know if it's my Dell PC but I'm getting a large white gap between what is perceived to be two separate halves (not identical halves just a top and a bottom section) of the front page at the Reds website. Anyone else seeing this?

Once Again- Thanks Joseph,

Best Wishes,
    Jerry

I'm with smith ... there's still too much crap going on.

The only thing I even bother to try using the site for is ticket info or the stadium seating diagram model. Every once in a while they'll email me telling me to click on a certain link on the main page for a ticket offer, and then it's time to go on a hunting mission to find the actual link.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I was hoping they would have gotten rid of the "C you there!"

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I was hoping they would have gotten rid of the "C you there!"

I don't know if that's worse than "It's a Whole New Ballgame". But at least it's not "No World Championships for 100 Years and Counting"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    What a whiner.
    Im pretty practiced in the art of whinery.

Turn Off Ads?