Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Tonight Fantasy Baseball preview predicts Corey Patterton to hit 30 HR/30 SB

Baseball Tonight Fantasy Baseball preview predicts Corey Patterton to hit 30 HR/30 SB

I was just watching the Baseball Tonight fantast baseball preview and at the end of the show they had a bold prediction segment. One of the analysts actually predicted Corey Patterson to go 30/30 this season. Now that is bold. I could see 15/30 but no way he goes 30/30. I would love nothing more than to see the guy breakout and hit 30 homers and get on base at a .340-.350 clip but I just don't see it happening.

Other Reds notes:

Brandon Phillips is ranked as the second best 2B and Harang was the 10th best pitcher.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball Tonight Fantasy Baseball preview predicts Corey Patterton to hit 30 HR/3

I saw that and my eyes popped. I can definetly see 30 stolen bases but I'm not sure he can hit more than 20 bombs even in Great American Ball Park.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Re: Baseball Tonight Fantasy Baseball preview predicts Corey Patterton to hit 30 HR/3

If CPatt goes 30/30 this year the Reds will win the Central.

Book it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    If CPatt goes 30/30 this year the Reds will win the Central.

Book it.
    Agreed. If he goes anywhere near that, it's going to be a mighty fine year. It would also mean Jay Bruce would get a whole year in Triple A.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Aaron Harang being the 10th best pitcher?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Agreed. If he goes anywhere near that, it's going to be a mighty fine year. It would also mean Jay Bruce would get a whole year in Triple A.
    Don't forget about the Jr injury factor.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Aaron Harang being the 10th best pitcher?
    The 10th best fantasy starting pitcher.

Guys usually ahead of him:

Santana
    Peavy
    Bedard
    Webb
    Haren
    Sabathia
    Kazmir
    Hamels
    Verlander

I love Harang but Smoltz ain't bad a round later...

Fantasy Island?

In '04 he hit 24 HR's and stole 32 bases, so it isn't completely impossible.

I have him down for more like like 20/30 (if, of course he plays full time and all).

Mods, I really don't think this is fantasy related.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I Tivo'd the ESPN Fantasy Baseball show and their "Fantasy Games Editor" (Eric Karabell) said- "Ready, Corey Patterson 30-30 this year. Way back in 2004, for Dusty Baker, he had 24 HR's and 32 steals. Remember, a bold prediction, it's not easy and Felipe Lopez, one year for the Reds, had 23 HR's in that Great Ballpark for a lefthanded hitter. Corey Patterson's going to be motivated, he wants a long-term contract, I'm not saying it's going to definitely happen but the steals will happen. I think he could close in on 30 HR's as well."

Oh yeah baby! Bring it on! But seriously, with Patterson likely platooning with Freel or Hopper, it's going to take CP getting HOT right out of the gate. Enough so that CP can claim the CF job to be his alone. I think 15-18HR's and 35-40SB's would be more likely for Patterson this year.

bump haha...

Turn Off Ads?