Turn Off Ads?

Thread: New Tallest Human

New Tallest Human

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: New Tallest Human

His growth spurt began at age 14 after a brain operation that apparently stimulated the overproduction of growth hormone. Doctors say he has been growing ever since.
    Wow, so he could actually still be growing? That's crazy.

I can't imagine how hard even the simplest things must be.

Could he dunk over Yao Ming?

If ever there was an event for pay-per-view, that would be it.

Poor guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

There was a special on Discovery Health about people with that condition and they profiled him and some American woman who is over 7'. The woman can't even walk, has to be taken everywhere in a wheelchair. Apparently he is fond of basketball but can't play too well due to having a hard time running. They showed him playing and he had a decent shot and all and he can dunk flat footed. That was something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    They showed him playing and he had a decent shot and all and he can dunk flat footed. That was something to see.
    I'd just assumed that at 8'5", the guy would hang out in the paint.

But if he has a decent shot, that adds a whole new dimension to the game. Magic Johnson was a 6'8" point guard. Why not an 8'5" 2 guard?

Another option would be to have him strap on a football helmet and simply be a designated field goal blocker for the defense. How much would that mess with your opponent if they knew they pretty much couldn't kick field goals or extra points?

That's amazing. I'd love to see some small-time college offer him a scholarship. At 8, 5 you don't even need skills. Look at Kennie George. All he does is hang near the hoop, but he does have a decent shot.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I'd just assumed that at 8'5", the guy would hang out in the paint.

But if he has a decent shot, that adds a whole new dimension to the game. Magic Johnson was a 6'8" point guard. Why not an 8'5" 2 guard?

Another option would be to have him strap on a football helmet and simply be a designated field goal blocker for the defense. How much would that mess with your opponent if they knew they pretty much couldn't kick field goals or extra points?
    I always thought a guy like Shaq could have made a Hell of a tight end in goal-line situations. Darn near a cinch for a TD.

GL

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's amazing. I'd love to see some small-time college offer him a scholarship. At 8, 5 you don't even need skills. Look at Kennie George. All he does is hang near the hoop, but he does have a decent shot.
    From what I saw, he really doesn't have the coordination or the stamina to play seriously, but they showed him shooting some from about 15 feet out and he had pretty good form. His feet never left the ground though. He shot everything like a free throw. Seeing him dunk with his feet flat on the floor was something else. You don't see that every day.

Turn Off Ads?