Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coach K American Express Commercial...

Re: New Coach K American Express Commercial...

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Chuck and Tay Tay would dominate. Buike would drop about 40 on J.J. and take his lunch money.
    JJ wouldn't even make the team. I'd take a front line of Brand, Boozer and Battier with Hill and Dunleavy or whoever in the back court. Tay Tay would be one of the best overall players on the court, but he wouldn't be enough.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rajon would score 30 and drop about 15 dimes on that roster.

Rondo
    Abubuike
    Prince
    Hayes
    Magloire/Mohammed/Morris

Bogans

It would be a good game. Your only chance against Rondo would be what... Duhon?? I guess?

As much as I can't stand Duke, Razor's right on this one. Duke's best 5 in the NBA would handle UK's pretty easily, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The front-court would create some real match-up problems, no doubt. But I still believe UK would have the two most valuable players on the court (Rondo & Prince).

Rondo
    Abubuike
    Prince
    Hayes
    Magloire/Mohammed/Morris

Bogans

It would be a good game. Your only chance against Rondo would be what... Duhon?? I guess?
    There's one scorer on that roster. And I'd rotate Hill and Deng on him all game. Brand and Boozer would dominate the inside. I just don't see it happening for UK in that game. Who's Rondo's 15 dimes gonna be too? There's only one shooter. Their best bet would be to find out what Jeff Sheppard and Rex Chapman are doing right now and suit them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    There's one scorer on that roster. And I'd rotate Hill and Deng on him all game. Brand and Boozer would dominate the inside. I just don't see it happening for UK in that game. Who's Rondo's 15 dimes gonna be too? There's only one shooter. Their best bet would be to find out what Jeff Sheppard and Rex Chapman are doing right now and suit them up.
    LOL Who knows maybe you're right.

Disagree on there just being one scorer though. Buike can be a big time scorer. Hell, just did a search, Gerald Fitch is over playing in Europe, might want to give him a call.

UK would have to really push the tempo and play a fast up and down game versus that Duke roster to have a chance. It would be a contrast in styles, for sure, considering the respective roster compositions.

LOL Who knows maybe you're right.
    Wow. That might have to be my new sig line. WilyMo almost, sort of concedes something? Mark down this date in history.

You make a good argument. (Unlike the flagrant foul.)

The front-court would create some real match-up problems, no doubt. But I still believe UK would have the two most valuable players on the court (Rondo & Prince).
    Even over Boozer and Maggette? While I agree with the criticism that given the talent that goes there, Coach K doesn't do a great job of developing that talent for the NBA, They've got Boozer, Maggette, Deng, Brand (yes I know the injury), and Dunleavy. UK can't match that. I really like Tayshaun Prince as a player, but he's not the most valuable player on the floor in that game. And rondo? Seriously?

Again, I'm pretty much a hater when it comes to Duke, but that team would wipe the floor with a UK team.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

And he's back!!

Anybody remember Christian Laatner stomping on Aminu Timberlake's chest while he was lying on the floor in the famous 1992 East Regional Final? Coach K is okay with it or he'd pull these guys off the floor and instruct them that this kind of stuff won't be tolerated.

Boozer is a mini-Malone inside for the Jazz. He's averaging 21.5 PPG and 10.7 RPG; the Jazz are also 46-25 in a ridiculous Western Conference right now.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    As much as I hate Duke, I am actually going to find myself defending them. Duke does operate on a different playing field than any other nationally competitive basketball school (with the exception of Stanford). Recruits actually have to get admitted to Duke, which is not an easy task. Needless to say, that cuts the pool of possible players for Coach K by 1/2 at least.
    The kids may have a tough time getting in but there have been several stories written about how incredibly easy it is for the parents of recruits to find great jobs near the school.

Turn Off Ads?