Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier and Brandon Waring to start in Dayton

Todd Frazier and Brandon Waring to start in Dayton

Per Dragons press release.

Why Todd Frazier is starting in Dayton, I have no idea.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier and Brandon Waring to start in Dayton

Todd Frazier is polished enough to start in Chattanooga, Sarasota at worst. Sticking Frazier is Dayton is puzzling to say the least. If/when Frazier crushes the ball, he should be skipped past Sarasota and directly to Chattanooga sometime this summer IMO.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 03-24-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Todd Frazier is polished enough to start in Chattanooga, Sarasota at worst. Sticking Frazier is Dayton is puzzling to say the least.
    Which begs the question, does that mean Cozart and Francisco are in Sarasota? Which leads to another one, where does that leave Neftali Soto?

The Reds like their top prospects to do time in Dayton -- great minor league baseball town/stadium, close to Cincy. Frazier may only do a half-season there. After that, I think the organization has no problems with top guys doing short time in Sarasota, which is pretty rugged in the summer.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    The Reds like their top prospects to do time in Dayton -- great minor league baseball town/stadium, close to Cincy. Frazier may only do a half-season there. After that, I think the organization has no problems with top guys doing short time in Sarasota, which is pretty rugged in the summer.
    I would be very surprised if he were the only college hitter placed in Low A taken from the first two rounds of last years draft. If Danny Dorn was ready to jump to Sarasota from Billings, I have a hard time being told that Frazier isn't.

Francisco will be in Sarasota with most of last years Dayton Team.

Maybe they're keeping Frazier with Waring hoping they'll complement each other in the order? Then move them to Sarasota/Chatt after a few months of big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Maybe they're keeping Frazier with Waring hoping they'll complement each other in the order? Then move them to Sarasota/Chatt after a few months of big numbers.
    I doubt thats the reason.... I would think the Reds have to have plans on moving Frazier faster than they do Waring being that Frazier is much more polished of a player.

I would really like to know who is going to be playing SS in Sarasota. If it is Zach Cozart, I really will be confused.

I see Sarasota's line-up something like this. Parker 1B; Turner 2B;
    Valaika SS; Francisco 3B; Heisey LF; Stubbs CF; Phipps RF;
    Rodriquez C; Louwsma Utility.
    Last edited by BigRed07; 03-24-2008 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    I see Sarasota's line-up something like this. Parker 1B; Turner 2B;
    Valaika SS; Francisco 3B; Heisey LF; Stubbs CF; Phipps RF;
    Rodriquez C; Louwsma Utility.
    Well, Valaika was moved off of SS during fall ball.... so I don't know what that means for the entire situation.

I heard that he is having a pretty good spring. He had a pinch hit
    in the big league game tonight.

I heard that he is having a pretty good spring. He had a pinch hit
    in the big league game tonight.
    Which is all fine and dandy, but he isn't a SS anymore so I don't see why he would be the SS in Sarasota.

Frazier has been splitting time with Francisco at 3rd this spring. Does this mean he is not a SS anymore? Valaika has been a solid SS in his first two seasons.
    Last edited by BigRed07; 03-25-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Frazier has been splitting time with Francisco at 3rd this spring. Does this mean he is not a SS anymore? Valaika has been a solid SS in his first two seasons.
    Frazier, just like Valaika, doesn't project to be a SS. Valaika has been solid with his bat the first two seasons, but in the field, he isn't a shortstop. 2B is his likely position of the future. Most people project Frazier to be a 3B, but the Reds will let him play SS for a while in order to get the at bats for everyone.

Who would you say is the best SS in the system? Soto. His fielding was brutal last year. Cozart is the best defensive SS behind Janish.
    He is a carbon copy of Janish. Great glove, strong arm, weak bat. Castro is the next in line IMO of SS in the system.
    Valaika would be next on my list.

Turn Off Ads?