Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Dayton

Ohio State vs. Dayton

I know, it's only the NIT, but it should still be pretty interesting. I can't recall the last time these two programs faced off.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State vs. Dayton

I believe the last time they played was an NIT game as well. Maybe the late 80s. I think Dayton won.

I agree should be an interesting matchup and I expect Dayton to give the Bucks a heck of a game. I heard a rumor that it may be played at St. John's again. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    I agree should be an interesting matchup and I expect Dayton to give the Bucks a heck of a game. I heard a rumor that it may be played at St. John's again. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
    There is nothing scheduled at Value City Arena for the 26th. I heard that old St. John Arena did rock tonight and was VERY LOUD.

http://www.schottensteincenter.com/s...ntcalendar.asp

I am sure this link below will be updated upon knowing the location. (Currently says TBA)

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...RIBER_CONTENT=
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    Word out tonight is that there is no conflict at the Schott that night so the game will be there. However, the tickets will remain 1st come 1st serve. They will probably not sell out, but they should be able to get 15K+, and all of them will be fans that want to be there. They go on sale at hangonsloopy.com at 10am tomorrow morning.

Chris Wright will be a major key for Dayton. In 10 minutes of play tonight, he had 9 points, a handful of boards, and a couple of blocks. He dictated play in the paint. Did I mention that he's a freshman and hadn't played since January 9th.

Hopefully that ankle doesn't swell up too much and he's able to give 15 minutes on Wednesday. I don't think Dayton can win without him doing so.

Hopefully UD fans travel up there for the game. We generally travel well, so it could be a fun atmosphere in the Schott with 1,000 or more crazy Flyer fans.

For a Level Playing Field

Dec. 17, 1988

Ohio St. 104, Dayton 76

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - Jay Burson scored 24 points and Perry Carter added 23, 21 of them in the first half, for the Buckeyes.

The victory was the sixth straight for Ohio State (6-1). Dayton, which had beaten the Buckeyes in each of Gary Williams's first two seasons as Ohio State coach, dropped to 3-3.

Dayton outscored Ohio State, 11-6, in the opening four minutes of the second half to draw to 59-45, but Ohio State scored 19 of the next 23 points for a 78-49 lead.

http://www.schottensteincenter.com/s...ntcalendar.asp

I am sure this link below will be updated upon knowing the location. (Currently says TBA)

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...RIBER_CONTENT=[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just saw that it will be at Value City at 7 on ESPN2. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Dec. 17, 1988

Ohio St. 104, Dayton 76

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - Jay Burson scored 24 points and Perry Carter added 23, 21 of them in the first half, for the Buckeyes.

The victory was the sixth straight for Ohio State (6-1). Dayton, which had beaten the Buckeyes in each of Gary Williams's first two seasons as Ohio State coach, dropped to 3-3.

Dayton outscored Ohio State, 11-6, in the opening four minutes of the second half to draw to 59-45, but Ohio State scored 19 of the next 23 points for a 78-49 lead.
    Huh, I was wrong. I'm pretty sure UD did beat OSU in the NIT one year. Must have been a few years prior.

Two of my fav teams... but I will be rooting for the DAYTON FLYERS!

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Huh, I was wrong. I'm pretty sure UD did beat OSU in the NIT one year. Must have been a few years prior.
    You had me wondering, guttle. I checked and they have never played each other in the history of the NIT.

http://www.nit.org/history/nit-posts...of-finish.html

Dayton won the NIT in 1962 and 1968. OSU won the NIT in 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Chris Wright will be a major key for Dayton. In 10 minutes of play tonight, he had 9 points, a handful of boards, and a couple of blocks. He dictated play in the paint. Did I mention that he's a freshman and hadn't played since January 9th.

Hopefully that ankle doesn't swell up too much and he's able to give 15 minutes on Wednesday. I don't think Dayton can win without him doing so.

Hopefully UD fans travel up there for the game. We generally travel well, so it could be a fun atmosphere in the Schott with 1,000 or more crazy Flyer fans.
    He was desperately needed. I hate to play the "what if" game, but had he been healthy all season then they're at least a 7-8 seed in the big tourney.

You had me wondering, guttle. I checked and they have never played each other in the history of the NIT.

http://www.nit.org/history/nit-posts...of-finish.html

Dayton won the NIT in 1962 and 1968. OSU won the NIT in 1986.
    Well then, pay no attention to me...

Chris Wright just makes this Flyer team a totally different team. I wouldn't give them much of a chance to beat the Buckeyes if he wasn't playing, with him I think they have a chance.

Too bad he couldn't have been playing during the A10 tourney. I think the committee may have taken it into consideration.

GO FLYERS!!!!!

Two of my fav teams... but I will be rooting for the DAYTON FLYERS!
    My 2 favorite schools too, going with the DAYTON FLYERS!!!!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

Turn Off Ads?