Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today's Lineup, Foreshadowing !??!

Today's Lineup, Foreshadowing !??!

Per Trent here's the Reds lineup for today's game:

Reds lineup:
    23 Corey Patterson CF
    6 Ryan Freel RF
    4 Brandon Phillips 2B
    44 Adam Dunn LF
    28 Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    19 Joey Votto.1B
    27 Jeff Keppinger SS
    17 Javier Valentin C
    36 Edinson Volquez RHP

Replace "Ryan Freel" RF with "Jay Bruce" RF, and this VERY WELL may be our 2009 regular lineup.

Not sure if Keep could stick at SS long-term, but if they think AGon is not worth his $$(5.375M) they might look to trade him.

Also probably not Valentin, but Ross in there.

Maybe swap Votto and Bruce's place in the lineup, but I could see this being trotted out against every RHP we faced.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: Today's Lineup, Foreshadowing !??!

what happened to Jr?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    what happened to Jr?
    It's likely that Griffey won't be back next year, with his club option. If the Reds are doing bad at the all star break, it's likely he'd be traded then.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I missed the "2009" part. I thought you were predicting this to be our opening day lineup this year.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Bleeds, you think Neifi will be on the roster by opening day 2009?

If you sign Patterson, Don't sign Griffey, Sign Dunn, Play Bruce, Replace Valentine, Move Votto, etc.... Then yes... it is foreshadowing... I don't get that

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    If you sign Patterson, Don't sign Griffey, Sign Dunn, Play Bruce, Replace Valentine, Move Votto, etc.... Then yes... it is foreshadowing... I don't get that
    Yeah, that's why it's DIFFERENT than this year's, get it?!?!

Those are all moves they SHOULD make for next year. I'm more concerned on the 1-7, 8-9 don't matter as much.

I think that COULD be the 1-7 for next year, although ideally PERSONALLY I have some tweaks, but it would be a NICE lineup for the first 7, and would really put some runs up on the board.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    Bleeds, you think Neifi will be on the roster by opening day 2009?
    If he is, I might become a Royals fan. The OMAHA Royals. I'll get season tickets.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I just bought MLB 2K8 two days ago. This was their lineup for the Reds......

RF Freel
    2B Phillips
    CF Junior
    LF Dunn
    3B Encarnacion
    1B Hatteberg
    SS Gonzalez
    C Ross

Rotation:
    Harang
    Arroyo
    Bailey
    Belisle
    Coutlangus

Players not in the game......
    Cueto and Bruce.

I obviously had to make some changes.

What's up 2K8? Not even close.

Cueto and Bruce are also not in MLB 2008: The Show. Some prospects simply miss being in the current edition of baseball games, like Bailey wasn't last year. I expect we will see them in next year's games.

I can see no Cueto, but Bruce is MLB's #1 Prospect............c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by whackspliff View Post
    I can see no Cueto, but Bruce is MLB's #1 Prospect............c'mon
    it's an MLBPA thing, only players who have played at least one game in the bigs are eligible to be in video games, there is also a long list of scabs you won't see in video games either due to the players associations rules. They couldn't even put Fukudome on the game for this reason, they've even had a few roster updates and don't have him yet simply because he's never played in an MLB game yet. If you have either game you'll see roster updates come out after opening day and it'll have guys like Cueto, Fukudome, all the other japanese imports, top prospects who are actually with the big club now, etc.

Turn Off Ads?