Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you pay to see?

Who would you pay to see?

I'm in the process of setting up the summer schedule. I know there will be a couple of days where we'll end up with tickets and at the ballpark kind of by accident, but right now I'm planning.

Last year when Barry Bonds came to town, it was a different atmosphere at GAB.

When Nolan Ryan took the mound it was different.

Who would you make a special trip to the park to see?

I've seen pujols bat more times than I care to think about. The cubs aren't anything special. Looking around the national league...I'm kind of hard pressed to say...yeah, that's the player that I want to see (or I want my kid to see)

Am I missing somebody? Who's on your list?
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who would you pay to see?

The Red Sox series will be a fun atmosphere for sure, but it may very well be like when the Cubs come to town....the place will be full of "Red Sox fans".
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

The Brewers and Mets play entertaining brands of baseball. The Dodgers could be a fun series.

As rf30 mentioned, if Reds fans don't buy tickets to the Boston series it will be a home game for the Red Sox.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    I'm in the process of setting up the summer schedule. I know there will be a couple of days where we'll end up with tickets and at the ballpark kind of by accident, but right now I'm planning.

Last year when Barry Bonds came to town, it was a different atmosphere at GAB.

When Nolan Ryan took the mound it was different.

Who would you make a special trip to the park to see?

I've seen pujols bat more times than I care to think about. The cubs aren't anything special. Looking around the national league...I'm kind of hard pressed to say...yeah, that's the player that I want to see (or I want my kid to see)

Am I missing somebody? Who's on your list?
    I tend to try to make special trips for specific pitchers since they may only pitch one time in Cincinnati per season, or sometimes they may not even pitch at all in Cincinnati in some seasons.

Here's my short list for 2008:

Johan Santana
    Jake Peavy
    Brandon Webb

I'll see Webb on Opening Day, and I would guess (read: hope) that both Santana and Peavy will pitch in GABP. The Reds host the Mets for a four game series from July 17-20 immediately following the All-Star break, and one would hope that Santana would start one of those four games. Peavy may be a bit more difficult as the Padres are only in town for three games from July 21-23, with the game on the 23rd being a business day special (which I hate).
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Juan Castro

In an opposing team's uniform.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    The Red Sox series will be a fun atmosphere for sure, but it may very well be like when the Cubs come to town....the place will be full of "Red Sox fans".
    I'm gonna try to go to all three games against the Sox. Should be an exciting series.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I tend to try to make special trips for specific pitchers since they may only pitch one time in Cincinnati per season, or sometimes they may not even pitch at all in Cincinnati in some seasons.

Here's my short list for 2008:

Johan Santana
    Jake Peavy
    Brandon Webb

I'll see Webb on Opening Day, and I would guess (read: hope) that both Santana and Peavy will pitch in GABP. The Reds host the Mets for a four game series from July 17-20 immediately following the All-Star break, and one would hope that Santana would start one of those four games. Peavy may be a bit more difficult as the Padres are only in town for three games from July 21-23, with the game on the 23rd being a business day special (which I hate).
    You just know in June @ The House That Jeter Ruined, you won't see Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, or Cueto starting either of the games on the 21st or 22nd.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I think the first Sunday game should be Aaron Harang against Cole Hamels...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I pay to see the Reds first, but I do like to watch them face a good team. Ryan Howard and the Phillies are always a sure bet. Other than that, I would go with the Mets, Braves, Brewers, Rockies, D-backs, & the Indians.

I hate the Red Sox so bad, I don't really even want to go to that series. We see them so much on TV anyway.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I paid specifically to see Vlad Guerrero in person last year when the Halos came to town.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was hoping to get a good look at Manny and Big Papi this year, but I'm in a wedding that weekend and can't use the tickets that came with my Power Pack. Other than that, I've gone specifically to see Bonds and Clemens. Beyond that, I just go to see the Reds.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I won't pay extra to see any other player for another team EVER. I couldn't care less about bonds or mcgwire hitting HRs for instance.

I might see the Indians series before others just because I can go with a few friends and enjoy (or hate) my time there.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

I'd prefer to see a Reds-only, intra-squad game, like the one in Sarasota on this Feb. 26 (or was it 27?).

I would pay DOUBLE to watch a mixture of Reds' vets and prospects, because I rarely pay any attention to the opposition team, anyway.

But then, I pay little attention to movie stars, entertainers, or any other celebrities, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    You just know in June @ The House That Jeter Ruined, you won't see Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Volquez, or Cueto starting either of the games on the 21st or 22nd.
    Tom Shearn on Friday, Saturday, and twice on Sunday.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I like any game Carlos Zambrano starts, he hits homeruns and at any moment will just go crazy, which is exciting in it's own right.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

Turn Off Ads?