Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bailey optioned

Bailey optioned

from cincinnati.com

The Reds optioned Homer Bailey to Triple-A Louisville. No great surprise. Rotation will be what we've been saying:

Aaron Harang
    Bronson Arroyo
    Johnny Cueto
    Josh Fogg
    Edinson Volquez

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey optioned

I think this says a lot about how much the Reds have improved.

They have optioned their two top prospects, #1 and #9 in the majors, and still have one of their best teams in years.

I'm not sure anyone should be upset about this. Bailey would have been a starter, but at least two guys out-performed him. Hopefully now he can chill out, get his head straight and do well at AAA, because you know he'll be needed at some point.
    Brian

Editor StorageReview.com - SSD & HDD Reviews

Best of luck to him we have not heard the last of him ofc
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Volquez and Cueto performing this well is the best thing to happen to Bailey.

He will work it out and Krivsky even said he fully expects Bailey as a part of the rotation at some point this year.

Yeah, sit your butt at triple AAA, Homer, while 2 other pitchers with better attitudes have surpassed your "potential". Maybe if you'd open your ears, eyes, and mind.........you'd be starting in the majors too. Develop a change up and most importantly, develop a GOOD ATTITUDE.

Saw Bailey twice this Spring. He has developed a really good curve ball, that can not be hit. But as David Ross said during the game the other night, when a guy has a pitch as good as that, good hitters will just give it to him, and wait for his fastball. 3rd pitch is tantamount for him. And, he MUST throw strikes. It was awesome watching him from behind Home Plate, strike out Ortiz with the curve, and then Manny with the high heat

No surprise at all. Hopefully he can he can get right at AAA and make a strong come back before the break. You can't give up on the guy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    No surprise at all. Hopefully he can he can get right at AAA and make a strong come back before the break. You can't give up on the guy yet.
    Agreed, he is 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Saw Bailey twice this Spring. He has developed a really good curve ball, that can not be hit. But as David Ross said during the game the other night, when a guy has a pitch as good as that, good hitters will just give it to him, and wait for his fastball. 3rd pitch is tantamount for him. And, he MUST throw strikes. It was awesome watching him from behind Home Plate, strike out Ortiz with the curve, and then Manny with the high heat
    I think he could learn a lot from just talking with Aaron Harang about getting that first pitch strike to get ahead, but not laying the pitch over the middle of the plate.

One thing is for sure - the Bats should have a TON of talent down here in Louisville. A nice mix of top prospects and veterans, maybe this is the year the team gets back in the Triple A playoff. Not that meaningful in the grand scheme of things, but the Reds have the minor league system to get it done.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by TNREDSFAN View Post
    from cincinnati.com

The Reds optioned Homer Bailey to Triple-A Louisville. No great surprise. Rotation will be what we've been saying:

Aaron Harang
    Bronson Arroyo
    Johnny Cueto
    Josh Fogg
    Edinson Volquez
    My computer service has been down for a couple of days and just curious, have the reds officially announced this rotation ?

If so, it sorta surprises me Volquez is #5.
    Also Cueto's scheduled day would have been friday according to the last broadcast so does he pitch saturday now ? ( cordero starts friday)

Someone catch me up.
    Thanks !
    Last edited by jmac; 03-27-2008 at 08:57 PM.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    My computer service has been down for a couple of days and just curious, have the reds officially announced this rotation ?

If so, it sorta surprises me Volquez is #5.
    Also Cueto's scheduled day would have been friday according to the last broadcast so does he pitch saturday now ? ( cordero starts friday)

Someone catch me up.
    Thanks !
    Just reading over the gamethread from todays game and found my answer on Cueto.
    So i guess this rotation is official.
    I will say this. In the past ST's, I was always wanting the reds to have great won/loss record though I knew it meant nothing.
    This has been one of the more entertaining Springs and the record doesnt even matter.
    Usually I get in from work and check the boxscore to check see how the pitching does. Cueto/Volquez have brought lots of excitement.Even the bp guys like Reonicke,Bray/Coffey etc competing for spots have made this a very very enjoyable ST.
    Here's to a great 08 and more

I see it as a way to get him some confidence. If he comes in with the mentality he had when he first came up, I would expect that Bailey will be great. He needs to trust his defense, and stop being afraid of contact. I'd rather somebody get a single off of him than for him to walk somebody. If somebody hits him, atleast he tried.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Rounding Third View Post
    Agreed, he is 21 years old.

I think he could learn a lot from just talking with Aaron Harang about getting that first pitch strike to get ahead, but not laying the pitch over the middle of the plate.
    If he would just listen. Sending him to Louisville may be a lesson he needs. I can't overstate, how good he can be if he throws strikes. He has the the makings of lights out stuff, if he just learns the right way to do it. He is just 21. No more Tomko's please!!
    Last edited by gedred69; 03-27-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Turn Off Ads?