Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanton for Helms?!?!?

Stanton for Helms?!?!?

"C. Trent has the link on his blog.

Quote:
    The Phillies would love to be able to trade Helms. The Giants (for veteran lefthander Steve Kline) and the Reds (for experienced lefty Mike Stanton) are among the teams they are believed to be talking to. "

If there is a Reds God in Heaven, he will grant us this one Miracle!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stanton for Helms?!?!?

Guys I live in Philly and I can say without question we do not want Wes Helms. He actually makes more than Stanton (3.5 Million) and is equally worthless with the bat (career .761OPS) and glove (.932 fielding%).

I agree Stanton has to go but if you trade a turd for a turd at the end of the day you still have a pile of crap on your hands.

Can't we just leave Stanton out but the curb and hope the garbage truck picks him up?

I would take helms over stanton any day. Stanton =

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

I think at this point, I'd take a bucket of batting practice balls and a fungo bat for Stanton.

I agree with the stinky hands theory

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Guys I live in Philly and I can say without question we do not want Wes Helms. He actually makes more than Stanton (3.5 Million) and is equally worthless with the bat (career .761OPS) and glove (.932 fielding%).

I agree Stanton has to go but if you trade a turd for a turd at the end of the day you still have a pile of crap on your hands.

Can't we just leave Stanton out but the curb and hope the garbage truck picks him up?
    But he wouldn't be asked to be the 3B. He would be used as a platoon partner for Votto and occasionally sub in other positions (3B, LF).

I wouldn't be worried about his defense. I would concentrate on these career numbers:

vs LHP
    .280 .359 .476 .835

2nd Half of Season
    .282 .346 .468 .814

81 PA at GABP
    .338 .407 .521 .928

Looks like a pretty useful platoon/bench player to me. Sign me up!
    Pathei mathos...

Senor Votto

Helms would strengthen the bench and the Reds would get rid of Stanton. I would do it in a heart beat.

According to Hal's blog (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...eds/index.html, dated this morning:

Are we missing a name here? Oh, yeah. Mike Stanton and his $3 million contract (with a $500,000 buyout). The Phillies inquired about his availability, offering first baseman/third baseman Wes Helmes. The Reds said no.
    Wow. I would've liked this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelFanatic View Post
    According to Hal's blog (http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...eds/index.html, dated this morning:

Are we missing a name here? Oh, yeah. Mike Stanton and his $3 million contract (with a $500,000 buyout). The Phillies inquired about his availability, offering first baseman/third baseman Wes Helmes. The Reds said no.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

If the Reds said no to getting rid of Stanton like that then you can probably bet on having him on the 25 man roster. I am still pulling for Dusty on this though.

Wes is a stupid name.
    He's fat.
    He's ugly.
    He's slow.
    HE SUCKS.

You gotta be kidding me. Stanton sucks, he should have been CUT last year. Getting ANYTHING AT ALL for him has to be an improvement. What makes the Reds organization think that he's going to improve any from last year, getting a year older?

Yea, and he's already looking like his 07 self with his spring training performance. At best he is mediocre and ineffective. RELEASE HIM NOW!!!!!!!! I would much rather have Mercker or one of the younger guys make the team.

Stanton hasn't pitched in awhile has he?

I wonder if that means Wayne's trying to work a trade and doesn't want to risk blowing it by letting him pitch and have a bad outing.

I checked all the box scores and Stanton hasn't pitched since March 10 against the Yankees, unless I'm missing a game.

Turn Off Ads?