Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Free Dr. Pepper for Everyone*

Re: A Free Dr. Pepper for Everyone*

I hope I have to pay for all my Dr. Pepper this year, then.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Yeah, the picture I originally posted was so huge it scared me and I'm not smart enough to know how to shrink it.

I'll try this one:

Not looking quite as "rock 'n roll" as he used to. But then, who is?
    He looks like he's on American Idol.

I think it's appropriate that the album is called Chinese Democracy. Both the album and the actual occurrence of democracy in China have virtually no chance of happening in our lifetime.

Man, there are a lot of people not loving Mr Rose here. Are we as Reds fans only permitted to love one person with the last name Rose?

I don't expect the album this year,but with Axl you never know. I'm a huge GnR fan, even if most of that band play with Velvet Revolver now.

I hope Chinese Democracy comes out, sooner rather than later.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I was a huge GnR fan back in the day too, but I lost all respect for Rose when he started trying to capitalize on the name; trying to tour and put out cd's with the GnR name attached to them when he was the only member of the band represented.
    I don't have a problem with him trying to have a solo career, but he shouldn't do it under the pretense that he was all that Guns N' Roses was about.

but I lost all respect for Rose when he started trying to capitalize on the name;
    While opening for The Rolling Stones at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 1989 Rose outed a few members of the band for their problem with Mr Brownstone. He also locked himself in the dressing room prior to their appearance on the second day. His demand to them was he would only come out if the band would agree sign the name of the band over to him.

Me? I liked Izzy the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Yeah, the picture I originally posted was so huge it scared me and I'm not smart enough to know how to shrink it.

I'll try this one:

Not looking quite as "rock 'n roll" as he used to. But then, who is?
    I think he needs to switch to Diet Dr. Pepper.

Tastes more like real Dr. Pepper.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I think he needs to switch to Diet Dr. Pepper.

Tastes more like real Dr. Pepper.

Than what? Mr. Pibb? Motor oil?

Sorry. I know I'm off topic, but that line always bugged me.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

As ashamed as I am to say it, when and if the album comes out, I'll buy it. I saw the new GNR during one of their failed tours in '02 in Columbus. It was pretty good. But not nearly as good as Velvet Revolver live. I saw them in '04 in at Germain in Columbus.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Man, there are a lot of people not loving Mr Rose here. Are we as Reds fans only permitted to love one person with the last name Rose?

I don't expect the album this year,but with Axl you never know. I'm a huge GnR fan, even if most of that band play with Velvet Revolver now.

I hope Chinese Democracy comes out, sooner rather than later.
    GNR is my favorite band. I've heard some of there new stuff and it's not that bad. I'll buy Chinese Democracy just for the sake of my GNR CD collection though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I started disliking him when he his refusals to perform became more than just antics and started causing riots, like in Toronto and St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Me? I liked Izzy the best.
    Me, too. Funny how the band disintegrated after he left, how the wellspring of original songs dried up -- "Spaghetti Incident" was all covers.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 03-31-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Spaghetti Incident was certainly no Appetite for Destruction, but it was still a kick-ass album.

As a side note....

Scott Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver are not getting along at all. That band is likely over.

Furthering this assumption is the announced reunion of Weilands 'other' little project known as Stone Temple Pilots and their summer tour.

Maybe Axl will reunite with Slash and company? Nah.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I heard on the radio this morning that Weiland was out. He left the band. Slash says Velvet Revolver will move on though.

RollingStone.com confirms it.

According to a press release, Velvet Revolver no longer have a lead singer. “This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn’t 100% committed to either,” Slash reportedly said (the group’s split with Weiland was confirmed by Sanctuary management). “Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on.” Last week, Weiland and drummer Matt Sorum engaged in a war of words via the press and blog posts, and yesterday Billboard reported that Weiland will announce a full set of tour dates with his old band, Stone Temple Pilots, on April 7th.

Please kiss and make up.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?