Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Free Dr. Pepper for Everyone*

Re: A Free Dr. Pepper for Everyone*

Velvet Revolver can be the new band on Rock Star the show.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

"Chinese Democracy," the follow-up to the 1991 "Use Your Illusion" albums, will likely go down as the album with the most troubled birth in rock history. Work began way back in 1994, and since then, Rose has burned through a reported $13 million in production costs as well as every original member of the group.
    I'd think it would be pretty tough to follow up the rough histories of The Beach Boys' Smile and The Who's Lifehouse.

Scott Weiland is convinced that G'nR is getting back together.

Of course he also loves heroin.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Scott Weiland is convinced that G'nR is getting back together.

Of course he also loves heroin.
    You also probably think 2+2=4

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A blogger suspected of streaming songs from the unreleased Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" on his Web site was arrested Wednesday and appeared in court, where his bail was set at $10,000.

FBI agents arrested 27-year-old Kevin Cogill on Wednesday morning on suspicion of violating federal copyright laws. Cogill appeared in court in the afternoon in a T-shirt.

Federal authorities say Cogill posted nine unreleased Guns N' Roses songs on his Web site in June. The songs were later removed.

According to an arrest affidavit, Cogill admitted to agents that he posted the songs on his Web site. The magistrate judge did not impose any special Internet use restrictions on Cogill, who's expected back in court Sept. 17.

"Chinese Democracy" is a much anticipated — and repeatedly delayed — new album by Guns N' Roses that is more than 10 years in the making.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...8430&GT1=28102
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

I had faith in Axl. It's going to suck but I'll still buy the CD.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Rolling Stone gave it a great review, and the new single, "Better," kicks butt.

It's a great song.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Rolling Stone gave it a great review, and the new single, "Better," kicks butt.

It's a great song.
    I love Better. It's one of my favorite Guns N Roses songs
    Most Vottomatic Player

Everything I've heard from this album is great! Glad to see GNR back. Been a good year for rock. New Motley Crue, Metallica, AC/DC, and now GNR!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Everything I've heard from this album is great! Glad to see GNR back. Been a good year for rock. New Motley Crue, Metallica, AC/DC, and now GNR!
    Finally have some good music around.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Is this 1988?

No Sha Na Na?

http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...rpc=22&sp=true

By Robert MacMillan

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney and Guns N' Roses released their biggest hits on vinyl records and compact discs, but on Thursday, their new albums will debut online on MySpace.

Users of MySpace, the world's largest social network on the Internet, will be able to listen for free to "Electric Arguments," the new album by McCartney's side-project group The Fireman, and "Chinese Democracy," the long-delayed album by hard rock band Guns N' Roses, before the songs are in stores and at online shops like Amazon.com.

Members of News Corp-owned MySpace will be able to play the songs on the bands' MySpace pages, but they will not be able to download them onto their computers.

Geffen Records plans to exclusively release "Chinese Democracy" on November 23 in the United States at consumer electronics chain Best Buy Co Inc. Most of its tracks have already shown up in various forms, including pirated versions on the Internet.

"Electric Arguments" is due to be released on November 25. Fans can also order songs from that album, but not songs from "Chinese Democracy", through MySpace Music.

MySpace Music is a joint venture with Vivendi's Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group.

Giving fans an early crack at the albums could be a big win for MySpace, which launched a music joint venture with several record labels this year to challenge Apple Inc's iTunes online music store.

MySpace has featured exclusives from other acts, but few as legendary as McCartney and Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose.

It is the third album for The Fireman, a collaboration between the former Beatles bassist and Martin Glover, better known as Youth, the record producer and founding bassist of British punk-industrial music band Killing Joke. Their last album, "Rushes," came out a decade ago.

McCartney, 66, has a reputation for crafting sugary pop ballads and rock standards, but has recorded more experimental music, during and after his Beatles years. They include two other Fireman albums, a collaboration with Youth and the group Super Furry Animals, and one-man band record "McCartney II."

"Chinese Democracy" has aroused interest because of its notoriety; it is the first album of new Guns N' Roses material in more than 17 years, and has taken nearly as long to finish.

The band built its reputation on its hit debut "Appetite for Destruction" and "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II," but tension among members led to all of the original members but Rose, 46, leaving.

Getting more members and advertisers is critical to MySpace, especially as the world financial crisis hammers corporate budgets.

News Corp cut its fiscal 2009 operating income forecast earlier this month to a low- to mid-teen percentage drop because of deteriorating ad sales, compared with a previous estimate of 4 percent to 6 percent growth.

It is hard to say how many new users will be attracted to MySpace by The Fireman and Guns N' Roses albums, MySpace president Tom Anderson said. He added that there have been millions of plays for launches of any significant band.
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

Turn Off Ads?