Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wayne Krivsky on XM this morning

Wayne Krivsky on XM this morning

Krivsky was on XM radio about a half hour ago and spoke on several topics.

He mentioned the Reds were pleased with Homer's progress in the spring. They'd had him work on some specific things, including mechanically and he was progressing quite well with them all, and had made some real strides. He took the demotion well and discussed with Baker, Pole, and Krivsky what he needed to do while in Louisville. Additionally Wayne said he fully expect Homer to be part of the rotation in 2008.

The injuries weren't too bad in camp. Ross and Gonzalez are the main problems, though he did throw in Belisle. If anything ever sounded like an afterthought it was Matt Belisles name in the conversation of 'important' injuries suffered in camp.

Ross may well break camp with the big club, depending on how he progresses the next couple days. Gonzalez will be a 'while'.

Volquez and Cueto really have impressed him. He's still concerned that Cueto has only 22 innings above AA, but when you pitch as well as he did, you are telling people you are ready for the big leagues. He still said its important how he bounces back after his last start.

He admitted he had Volquez penciled into the rotation upon acquiring him, though he wouldn't tell anyone else that. Thats pretty forth coming for Wayne.

Patterson has a tight hamstring right now, for the record.

All in all Wayne is loosening up as his time goes on, being more forthcoming. I like to hear it because I like the combo of he and Dusty as long as Bob doesn't just do whatever Dusty wants whenever he wants it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wayne Krivsky on XM this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post

He admitted he had Volquez penciled into the rotation upon acquiring him, though he wouldn't tell anyone else that. Thats pretty forth coming for Wayne.
    Doesn't surprise me, but it does surprise me that he mentioned that
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, but it does surprise me that he mentioned that
    It doesn't surprise me either way. Of course, not stating that Volquez is inked into the rotation keeps the competition there and, hopefully, requires the various candidates to bring their "A" games to Spring Training.

I have liked Krivsky's "anti-Bowden" approach to things. I know it's frustrating as we pine for any shred of info, but I continue to believe it doesn't help matters much to be blabbing left and right about everything and anything.

Of course, my wife and kids would note the irony in me suggesting that there's value in keeping your mouth shut. :
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Some unusually good scouting went into this deal. Someone in the Reds field office deserves a nice bonus for targeting Volquez as the return for Hamilton. Its clear they knew exactly what they were talking about when they told Krivsky that the kid was ready to break through, it seems.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Some unusually good scouting went into this deal. Someone in the Reds field office deserves a nice bonus for targeting Volquez as the return for Hamilton. Its clear they knew exactly what they were talking about when they told Krivsky that the kid was ready to break through, it seems.
    Honestly, besides "The Trade", Krivsky really seems to call young players really well. Even in the trade, he knew that kearns and lopez were heading down, i'll assume.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?