Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laws on Dogs

Re: Laws on Dogs

I think only anidiot would venture onto another's property to shoot their dog, or to show off what they're packing in their pants.

On my property, however...but only if i think the animal is a hazard.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I had my pistol visable in my pants.
    Today's out of context winner?

Nah, I'd go all Rambo. It LOOKS awesome.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I live far enough away from anyone else, that the dog would just disappear, without a word ever being spoken. If it gets loose that often it may just runaway...........to a shallow grave.

Dog wardens can be ultra serious or ultra lame. So be prepared, also if this retard has a pitbull that he allows to run loose, my guess is he has a limited respect for the law.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

George is the only one who mentioned carrying a gun onto the neighbor's property. Not everyone who mentioned a gun in this thread was going "Rambo".

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    George is the only one who mentioned carrying a gun onto the neighbor's property. Not everyone who mentioned a gun in this thread was going "Rambo".
    But that is the best idea here, isn't it???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    But that is the best idea here, isn't it???
    Carrying a gun onto the neighbor's property? I would think not. Shooting an aggressive or attacking dog when it's on your property? Certainly.

Carrying a gun onto the neighbor's property? I would think not. Shooting an aggressive or attacking dog when it's on your property? Certainly.
    I meant "going Rambo."

That's what I'd do on a daily basis. Dogs or no dogs.

I meant "going Rambo."

Gotcha. Going Rambo every morning will keep the blood pressure down from what I hear. It's a good stress reliever.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Okay, I do not like starting threads. First one in fact.
    Here is my problem. We live outside city limits and have a problem with a neighbor who has a dog which has got loose on several occassions lately. The dog is a pitbull or part pitbull and when loose has cornered a neighbor on two different occassions.
    They have been warned repeatedly about keeping this dog chained but he continously gets loose.
    I have a little girl and I have stated I dont plan on her being scared all summer to go outside.
    My question is what can I legally do ?
    If I go to the authorities, can they do something or what is the best action to take?
    I would appreciate genuine advice from any Redzoners.
    Play it by the book first. Call your law enforcement and animal control repeatedly, get some digital photos with dates/time if possible, showing the dog running lose, the photos make it easier for law enforcement and animal control, cover your butt first. Explain the threats, then do what you have to do.

If you have a slick lying neighbor like I do, the police will come out each time, but the pit bull will be back in the house by the time they get there with the owner saying that it wasn't their dog and that their dog has been in the house the entire time, same way when the animal control comes out. Thus you will need some objective proof.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 03-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.

Gotcha. Going Rambo every morning will keep the blood pressure down from what I hear. It's a good stress reliever.
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Wearing ammo strapped across your chest when doing chores is good cardio as well.

I meant "going Rambo."

Going "Rambo" or Commando?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    You do realize you committed a crime there right? Check out "brandishing a firearm".

This is peanut gallery stuff, but it's those sorts of bonehead moves that cause responsible gun owners so many headaches.
    Not it my state, the firearm was visable, and I have a permit, you need to learn the law. The saftey of my children comes first, I make no apology for that ever. I will not allow someone else's irresponsible behavior put my children in danger. I will be proactive, always. My children will never be in danger of someone else or someone else's dog in their own yard. If you do not feel the same way I feel sorry for your kids, if you have any.

You can also shot any dog in your yard that is not on a leach in my county. Guess what...that law does a good job in keeping other people's dog's out of your yard.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Wearing ammo strapped across your chest when doing chores is good cardio as well.

I find that they pinch my chest hairs.

ouch

Turn Off Ads?