Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mike Stanton has been told he's being let go!

Re: Mike Stanton has been told he's being let go!

That assumes Belisle isn't on the DL.
    He will be, I think. I'm hoping Lincoln makes it. I want to see that 95/96 gas.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Stanton may not hook on with someone else so his career might be over.

18 yrs in the bigs....

Congrats Mike.

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He will be, I think. I'm hoping Lincoln makes it. I want to see that 95/96 gas.
    Does Lincoln look any good though? I haven't seen him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

I haven't seen him either. He threw 2 scoreless the other day and the quotes from Dusty have suggested he looks good. I remember seeing him with the Pirates a few years ago, but I think this is the pimped-out, post TJ version of that Mike Lincoln.

I thought I read somewhere that Lincoln's control is a big issue?

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Now, you realize that Stanton will sign with the Cardinals and post a 3.5 ERA in 2008, right?

When was the last time Belisle pitched? How likely is he to start the year on the DL?

Mike Stanton was on the Reds???
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Now, you realize that Stanton will sign with the Cardinals and post a 3.5 ERA in 2008, right?
    Yep

I haven't seen him either. He threw 2 scoreless the other day and the quotes from Dusty have suggested he looks good. I remember seeing him with the Pirates a few years ago, but I think this is the pimped-out, post TJ version of that Mike Lincoln.
    Think Standridge, good gas, questionable control, no quality auxiliary pitches.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'd assume that Lincoln, if he makes the club, has until Belisle gets back to 100% to prove himself.

And to a lesser extent, Mercker will either pitch well or be replaced by a rejuvenated Bray.

Actually, it kind of makes sense...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Mike Stanton was on the Reds???

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Mercker looked good early in spring training.

So did Majewski.

Dustys MO is to praise guys. I like Dusty, don't get me wrong, but his first instinct is to praise them. So you have to take things with a grain of salt sometimes.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Dustys MO is to praise guys. I like Dusty, don't get me wrong, but his first instinct is to praise them. So you have to take things with a grain of salt sometimes.
    No doubt.

Still, 95-96 is 95-96. LoganBuck's Standridge comp sounds very feasible to me -- still I'd like to see him throw.

I think this is great. I rarely have anything good to say about Wayne or Dusty....

This is Dusty's work. He hinted at it the other day and I supect he's been pushing to just get it done with. When AGon comes back I supect Castro is done, too. And if Merck, or Brower/Lincoln, or Fogg or whatever vet, doesn't get it done, I suspect they'll be gone, too. Dusty will go with the vet over the youngster to start off maybe, but I think the vet better produce pdq once the season starts or a kid is going to be playing instead.

Turn Off Ads?