Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My 2008 minor league roster predictions

My 2008 minor league roster predictions

Every year around this time I attempt to predict where the Reds will start their most notable prospects at. I'm not even going to try the 25-man rosters, just the most notable prospects in the organizations plus a few fringe guys like Majewski, Shearns, ect.

Louisville Bats

Hitters: Jay Bruce, Adam Rosales, Chris Dickerson, Jerry Gil, Andy Green, Drew T. Anderson, Craig Tatum, Ryan Hanigan.

Starters:

Homer Bailey, Matt Maloney, Richie Gardner, Sam Lecure, Tom Shearn.

Relievers:

Josh Roenicke, Marcus McBeth, Tyler Pelland, Gary Majewski, Carlos Fisher, Ramon Ramirez, Jon Coutlangus

Chattanooga Lookouts

Hitters:

Danny Dorn, Chris Valaika, Shaun Cumberland, Jose Castro, Sean Henry, Tonys Gutierrez, Cody Strait, Chris Heisey.

Starters:

Daryl Thompson, James Avery, Camilo Vazquez, Ben Jukich, Alexander Smit.

Relievers:

Pedro Viola, Sean Watson, Dushan Ruzic, Derrik Lutz, Logan Ondrusek.

Sarasota Reds

Hitters:

Justin Turner, Juan Francisco, B.J. Szymanski, Jacob Long, Drew Stubbs, Carson Kainer, Zach Cozart, Dennis Phipps.

Starters:

Travis Wood, Juan Rafael, Jordan Smith, Travis Webb, Rafael Gonzalez.

Relievers:

Terrell Young, Phillipe Valiquette, Ramon Geronimo, Daniel Guererro, Lee Tabor, Jamie Arneson.

Dayton Dragons

Hitters:

Devin Mesoraco, Todd Frazier, Brandon Waring, Neftali Soto, Justin Reed, Brandon Menchaca, Rafael Sanchez, Brett Bartles.

Starters:

Kyle Lotzkar, Tzu-Kai Chiu, Scott Carroll, Josh Ravin, Brandon Rice.

Relievers:

Tyler Rhoden, Enerio Del Rosario, Josh Beal.

Did I miss anyone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My 2008 minor league roster predictions

Has Raphael Gonzalez reported to spring training yet?
    How is his shape this spring, in 2007 he went to camp in a so-so physical shape.
    There is no mention of him anywhere.
    I would hate to see a talent, like his, to be wasted.

I don't know if he's in camp or not, but he should be unless he's having personal problems. Gonzalez is a kid I'd like to see the Reds shift to the bullpen. He's got a decent arsenal but has failed as a starter. Instead of letting him continue his career as a fringe starting prospect, why not convert him to the bullpen and see if he can take off from there?

I forgot to add Paul Janish in at Louisville.

Oops, never mind

Did you watch the 9th of the Reds/Rays game 3/28?

Where ys penciling in this awesome dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Ga_Red View Post
    Did you watch the 9th of the Reds/Rays game 3/28?

Where ys penciling in this awesome dude?
    I figure Herrera will be in Louisville. I honestly forgot all about him. He pitched 52 inning in Double-A last season so I suspect he'll begin the season in Louisville, though with Bray, Pelland, and possibly Viola in Louisville, he could possibly begin the season in Chattanooga and earn a promotion when Bray is promoted to Cincy .

Where is Bartles? A hitter at Dayton? He did well at Billings, I wonder if Waring might skip a league, ala Dorn last year. That makes room for Bartles at Dayton.
    Last edited by gedred69; 03-28-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: omoission

Bartles will be in Dayton and will play some at second base along with Kevyn Feiner and Angel Cabrera.

I noticed on Friday that Sean Henry was working out with the Sarasota team. That was probably the only surprise among that group since he played at Chattanooga last year. Otherwise, what you would expect. Infield was Lousma, Turner, Valaika, Francisco. Outfield was Henry, Stubbs, Heisey and Kainer was with that group. One of those four OFs was DH-ing. Catchers were Denove and Rodriguez. Smit was on the mound and I saw Manuel getting ready to go in the game. Parker is getting closer to being ready.

Turn Off Ads?