Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLBTV

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

MLBTV

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, I've used the search button to no luck. Realistically is it worth the extra money for the premium version of mlbtv?
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: MLBTV

I've had the basic version for as long as MLB has offered it and Gameday Audio before that. The premium version of MLB.TV might be worth your while if you have a lot of bandwidth and a large screen to view it on.

I've been quite content with the cheaper one. If you've never had either, I recommend starting out with the basic version and seeing if you find the quality to be adequate. You'll find that MLB will be happy to take your money for an upgrade at any time. Downgrading requires a phone call, but upgrading can be done online.
    /r/reds

My next question is can I run the video stream to my tv? I have a 37 inch magnavox with a usb output on the back. Also what type of quality will I see on the tv if I can run it to the tv.

I upgraded to the premium version last season and thought the picture clarity was a bit better. IIRC they were streaming at 750K last season. It's a little faster this season. As the computer is my only choice for watching baseball and I watch alot of games, it was worth it for me.

If you've never had the MLB.tv package, I believe all of the games are free today.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    My next question is can I run the video stream to my tv? I have a 37 inch magnavox with a usb output on the back. Also what type of quality will I see on the tv if I can run it to the tv.
    DONT USE USB!!

If you have an LCD it should have VGA/RGB connections!!

Hook up your TV as an extra monitor, and simply drag over any video to that monitor and fullscreen it! It's perfect! I'm doing this on my 37" LCD Vizio and it's amazing. (This just extends your desktop, so you could even view redszone.com on your big screen haha)
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

MLB.tv is great. I ordered it since they've had it and like Unassisted -- had MLB audio before that. I still listen to games on XM radio from time to time but MLB.tv is the baseball fan's best friend. Seems like there is always a game on. I'm ordering the premium version this year, it isn't that much more and I tend to use their Mosaic feature where you can watch 6 games at once and rotate back and forth. At least when the Reds aren't on, that is.

I'm also going to try to use my LCD TV as a monitor this year and see how that works. It may take a bit of trickery but should be worth it compared to watching at the computer on a 20 inch monitor.

I'm having no luck at all running this to my tv. I don't have sga video output on my laptop. I do have a place on the tv for that, is there a way I can adapt that?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    I'm having no luck at all running this to my tv. I don't have sga video output on my laptop. I do have a place on the tv for that, is there a way I can adapt that?
    Do you have s-video on your video card? That could be an option.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Not very smart on computers, how would I go about finding that out?

I just upgraded to Premium today. While the picture is worlds better, it runs like absolute crap. That could very well be the fault of my prehistoric computer though.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I just upgraded to Premium today. While the picture is worlds better, it runs like absolute crap. That could very well be the fault of my prehistoric computer though.
    Mine was utter garbage today performance wise too.... it usually is flawless.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Mine was utter garbage today performance wise too.... it usually is flawless.
    Mine too. I was a bit upset to say the least. I'm thinking this will resolve itself now that opening day is done.

Anyone with Time Warner MLB Extra Innings is free until April 6th

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Alban...ckage_mlb.html

Again, never use S-Video. The max resolution is about that of a PDA and it will look terrible on your television.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Again, never use S-Video. The max resolution is about that of a PDA and it will look terrible on your television.
    not if you just have SD. It will look fine. It will do 480i without a problem.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?