Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Most Memorable Play of 2007

Most Memorable Play of 2007

Opening Day is finally here!! Yay!! I am just sitting here anxiously awaiting the first pitch and wondering if the 2008 season will be one to remember. How about a quick look back one last time at the 2007 season.

What one play stands out most in your mind from the 2007 season? Preferably it should have something to do with the Reds, but that isn't a prerequisite.

I will offer this one to get things started. The play involved Ryan Freel (many of his plays are memorable in either a positive or negative manner). Having just crashed into the outfield fence in an attempt to make the catch, Freel is lying unconcious. That in and of itself would be noteworthy. But along comes Norris Hopper who clearly (to me anyway) picked up the ball and dropped it into Freel's glove. To be able to think that quickly still amazes me. I am sure under the same circumstances I would have picked the ball up off the ground and fired it back towards the infield.

Well played, Mr. Hopper.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most Memorable Play of 2007

Griffey and Dunn walkoffs come to mind.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Brandon Phillips had a few like stealing two bases at once or that throw he made against Pittsburgh to save the game. Dunn's walk off homer off of Wickman was also memorable. There's quite a few for the Redlegs.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Yah, the BP throw ranks pretty high in my book.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

For me it would be from two games I went to at GABP.

One we played Cubs the date eludes me atm. The game was a pitchers duel against Harang, and zambrano. We went into 12 innings, and Josh Hamilton made a great diving catch that saved the game from being over, and got the final out for that inning. Then later he fired a ball from OF like only he could, and got the runner going for home out. Which IIRC won the game for us.

The other was seeing in person Brandon hitting 30/30 from front row seats. Very happy day.

Turn Off Ads?