Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dusty Quote of the Day

Dusty Quote of the Day

"Home runs are fine, but I'd rather have RBIs and sac flies or ground balls to 2nd with the infield back."
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty Quote of the Day

Yep, just watched that too and figured a thread would be starting quickly.

The 'ground balls to 2nd with the infield back' part really scratched me where I itch.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I'm all for run producing outs
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I'm all for run producing outs
    Those are way better than run producing non-outs.

Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Those are way better than run producing non-outs.

I think you meant they are better than non run producing outs.
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    No, he was pointing out the absurdity of the comment. A home-run is a non-out run producer unlike the other scenarios that Dusty actually prefers.

If the Reds win, Dusty can say whatever he wants. I am glad I live in Atlanta though, since I won't have to listen to him saying crazy things.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Actually, I didn't. I was comparing sac flies and grounders to 2nd with hitting home runs (run producing non-out).

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If the Reds win, Dusty can say whatever he wants. I am glad I live in Atlanta though, since I won't have to listen to him saying crazy things.
    You won't have to listen but you'll get the pleasure of reading them on here.

Yes, but Dusty said he prefers sac flies and grounders to second with the infield back over home runs. I know he doesn't actually think that, I wish he would just take a second to think before he speaks sometimes.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

There's Dusty's offense philosophy in a nutshell. It's now how many runs you score, it's how many outs you can make in the process.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

The thing is, I actually really like Dusty. He's got a very likeable personality, and I appreciate the fact that he'll actually speak his mind on the players and other topics that past managers wouldn't touch with a ten foot clown pole.

Problem is, when he does speak his mind he inevitably says things that leave me either or .
    Last edited by Screwball; 03-31-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I have yet to see a Strikeout drive in a run... Still waiting.

I just had too!!!

Happy Opening Day Everyone!!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Adam Dunn drove one in with a groundball to second today with nobody out. In that situation, I'll take that over a strikeout, every day of the week.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Turn Off Ads?