Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is there a FREE link....

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Is there a FREE link....

to listen to the game today?

Just wondering....
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Is there a FREE link....

Not only can I not get a free link to work, I can't even get the ones I'm paying for to work. :
    /r/reds

try sopcast. you have to download sopcast, but once you do, i can give you guys a link.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

High five!

I didn't see the game on Sopcast today. Was it?

One way to (usually) hear the game live is to check out www.thegamelive.com. It's a list of radio affiliates with links to their websites. They're not supposed to put the game on their site, but generally one of the smaller stations does it anyway. The site, however, doesn't seem to be as well maintained as it used to be.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    One way to (usually) hear the game live is to check out www.thegamelive.com.
    Take a look at the note on the front page of that web site. It may be going away soon.
    /r/reds

Is it a good idea for us to be circumventing broadcast restrictions?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Is it a good idea for us to be circumventing broadcast restrictions?
    That's putting it much more nicely than I would -- it's theft of content from major league baseball. If you want to listen to the Reds online, man up and pay a couple bucks to do it.

And no, it shouldn't be discussed on a public forum.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    That's putting it much more nicely than I would -- it's theft of content from major league baseball. If you want to listen to the Reds online, man up and pay a couple bucks to do it.

And no, it shouldn't be discussed on a public forum.
    I was just asking if there was a free link. Some things in life are still free. Just not in Baseball. Sorry to disturb the peace... :thumbdown

Thanks to all those who gave links and advice.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I was just asking if there was a free link. Some things in life are still free. Just not in Baseball. Sorry to disturb the peace... :thumbdown

i almost posted your very same question asking for a free link...just before the game was starting, my directv went out due to heavy rain in the area...luckily, however, i ended up only missing the first couple of pitches...glad you were the "bad cop"

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post

I wouldn't sweat it. I paid the 14 a year for the audio but had no qualms with using a free stream.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it. I paid the 14 a year for the audio but had no qualms with using a free stream.
    The problem is, we don't really want MLB snooping around RZ looking for a reason to shut the site down.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    The problem is, we don't really want MLB snooping around RZ looking for a reason to shut the site down.
    Exactly.

As nice as it would be to share content freely, we don't post MP3s on here because that would be music piracy. Listening to streaming audio without paying MLB is no different.

You can argue that it should be free, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-31-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

get XM, it's very cheap.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Exactly.

As nice as it would be to share content freely, we don't post MP3s on here because that would be music piracy. Listening to streaming audio without paying MLB is no different.

You can argue that it should be free, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't.
    Well stated. I also think this applies:

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?