Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

Stat geek...and proud

Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Perhaps. I guess I'm not seeing why people think the NCAA is going to come down hard on IU. They fired the coach who committed the offenses and they've been clean as a whistle for over 40 years. It's not like the players were getting gifts or anything.
    Yeah, no kidding. It's not like they had assistant coaches sending cash to players in envelopes or anything like that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The worst thing about the whole situation is that now we IU fans cant look down upon Kentucky for being a bunch of cheaters.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Supposedly, the NBA is seriously considering making players stay for 2 years. I think it'd be great, but even if it passes, it won't be for a few more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Supposedly, the NBA is seriously considering making players stay for 2 years. I think it'd be great, but even if it passes, it won't be for a few more seasons.
    I thought I read it wouldn't take effect until 2010. Myles Brand and David Stern both support it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I thought I read it wouldn't take effect until 2010. Myles Brand and David Stern both support it.
    One idea I read that makes some sense is to do something similar to baseball. If a player wants to declare straight out of high school, go for it. If you decide to go to college, you must attend three years before you can be drafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    One idea I read that makes some sense is to do something similar to baseball. If a player wants to declare straight out of high school, go for it. If you decide to go to college, you must attend three years before you can be drafted.
    I think that would be a fantastic rule.

I would make one change to that rule. If a player declares, but doesn't get drafted, he can still go to college. That's what this one year deal is really all about, serving as a wake-up call for the dozens of kids each year who were eschewing a free education for the pros when they actually had no shot whatsoever of playing in the league. How many kids lost their eligibility on unrealistic hoop dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I like this idea.

Some of those guys have no business on a college campus, basketball or otherwise.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

According to Terry Hutchens, Crean will likely hire Bennie Seltzer and Tim Buckley as assistant coaches. He has three open positions but no word on who the third coach may be. Seltzer is a Sampson disciple so that hire may not go over well in Bloomington. He did two years with Crean at Marquette though.

Seltzer spent the past two years at Marquette. The nine seasons before that, he was on former IU coach Kelvin Sampson's staff at Oklahoma. The NCAA punished Oklahoma for making impermissible phone calls to recruits during Sampson's tenure, but IU said Seltzer was not involved in any of the infractions.

He also played four seasons for Sampson at Washington State.
    On the recruiting front, unofficial visits are scheduled to begin on Friday. No word on which recruits are planning to visit yet.

Yeah, I knew about him. The Hoosiers had four recruits committed for next year and they lost two of them, Holloway and Ebanks. They still have Pritchard and Roth. I've heard really good things about Roth.

Supposedly Billy G has an in-home with Holloway tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Supposedly Billy G has an in-home with Holloway tonight.
    I can't imagine why. Holloway has verballed to Xavier.

Oh duh, my bad, I meant Harrelson. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Oh duh, my bad, I meant Harrelson. lol.
    Ah, the JUCO kid. Hoosier fans are hoping to get him too.

Turn Off Ads?