Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 382

Thread: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

  1. #151
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I missed that. Where'd that come from?
    He's been quoted as saying that. I've read it from multiple sources on www.kentuckyink.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He's been quoted as saying that. I've read it from multiple sources on www.kentuckyink.com.
    Hmmm... not heard that one before.

    Anyway, if he's good enough to go after one year, I'd still like to have him for that one year.

    See: Carmelo, Eric Gordon, Kevin Durant, and the Ohio State freshmen from last year
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  4. #153
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  5. #154
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Hmmm... not heard that one before.

    Anyway, if he's good enough to go after one year, I'd still like to have him for that one year.

    See: Carmelo, Eric Gordon, Kevin Durant, and the Ohio State freshmen from last year
    He's good enough to be a "one and done" player but he still isn't good enough to play for Billy Clyde.

  6. #155
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    He's good enough to be a "one and done" player but he still isn't good enough to play for Billy Clyde.
    Well. If he's a real cancer, I don't want him around.

    But most guys who are actually good enough to go to the NBA after one year are not cancerous.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  7. #156
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Well. If he's a real cancer, I don't want him around.

    But most guys who are actually good enough to go to the NBA after one year are not cancerous.
    I don't think any of the players you named above were cancerous.

  8. #157
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I don't think any of the players you named above were cancerous.
    I'm sure there have been some 1 and done guys that have been.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  9. #158
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'm sure there have been some 1 and done guys that have been.
    Surely Hopson will be one of those guys.

  10. #159
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Surely Hopson will be one of those guys.
    You must read the UK message boards.

    They're even more reactionary than us here at RedsZone.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  11. #160
    Yay!
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    7,418

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    BTW, reading some more about Hopson, I found this gem:

    Asked why he committed to Tennessee, Hopson replied with a question of his own.

    "Why not?" he said. "Tennessee has big tradition here."
    Fellas, that's what 18-19 year old kids think about tradition.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

  12. #161
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,336

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  13. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,598

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Thanks
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

  14. #163
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Crean on style of play

    Crean opened up on what style of play IU fans can expect.

    Offensively, he borrows from mentor Tom Izzo. Crean was an assistant for Izzo’s Michigan State teams for four years.

    “I would like to see us be able to have an outstanding fast break, a team that runs not only on misses, but makes,” Crean said. “That was something that being with Tom Izzo at the years at Michigan State, that’s something they do an outstanding job of and something I took from him.

    “We’re a team that’s going to get up and down the floor, drive in space, do our best to get the ball inside-out, score points in the lane. Some of our best post-up players at Marquette have been our guards.”

    Defensively, he stressed an aggressive approach.

    “Defensive end, we are going to guard the three, I want to have an outstanding half-court defense,” he said. “There is room to pick up full-court. You have to have guys who are going to make great decisions, guys who can execute under pressure and rebound.

    -- By LaMond Pope, The Journal Gazette

    http://jgwebblogs.typepad.com/eying_iu/

  15. #164
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Posts
    272

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    As a Marquette alumnus, I must say that I'm none too happy. I'm tired of coaches deserting smaller programs on the promise of quasi-glory at Big Ten schools (see Thad Matta).

  16. #165
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

    Quote Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
    As a Marquette alumnus, I must say that I'm none too happy. I'm tired of coaches deserting smaller programs on the promise of quasi-glory at Big Ten schools (see Thad Matta).
    Indiana is in a different league as far as tradition. Indiana, regardless of infraction, is one of the top jobs in the nation. This is a move up for Crean.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25