Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

Re: Indiana set to hire Tom Crean

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yeah right, DeAndre is going to be a starter next season.
    Man, I REALLY hope Crean can find someone better than Thomas. I REALLY hope.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm pretty sure Earl Calloway was the only JUCO player Mike Davis had at Indiana. RMK had quite a few during his tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'm pretty sure Earl Calloway was the only JUCO player Mike Davis had at Indiana. RMK had quite a few during his tenure.
    I only remember RMK having Dean Garrett, Keith Smart and Andre Harris. I am sure there are a few more JUCO's but I dont remember much more than that.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I only remember RMK having Dean Garrett, Keith Smart and Andre Harris. I am sure there are a few more JUCO's but I dont remember much more than that.
    I read an article that said he had 9 during his time at IU.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I read an article that said he had 9 during his time at IU.
    I am thinking Todd Jadlow was also a JUCO.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Yep, Jadlow was one. I found 8 names. I can't figure out who the 9th was.

Andre Harris
    Keith Smart
    Dean Garrett
    Todd Jadlow
    Haris Mujezinovic
    Lou Moore
    Chris Rowle
    Rob Turner

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Yep, Jadlow was one. I found 8 names. I can't figure out who the 9th was.
    Courtney Witte?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Courtney Witte?
    He's the one. In fact, he was Knight's first JUCO recruit. Nicely done.

William Gladness was a Juco
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    William Gladness was a Juco
    The article I read may not have counted Lou Moore since he left early.

Champaign Central guard Verdell Jones remains one of the top uncommitted seniors guards in the country and his recruitment may come to a close very soon. Jones’ recruiting picture will materialize within the next few weeks amidst visits and a contact period with coaches.

This 6-4 guard clearly has a high ceiling with his long and lanky mold, and a good feel for the game. A number of high level programs have given Jones looks at some point in time, and yet three new schools have contacted him. “Indiana, Arizona, and Georgetown recently got involved,” said Jones. “Georgetown needs a point guard, and Arizona and Indiana both just need a guard. Both Indiana and Georgetown have offered, Arizona has not,” Jones added.

Former Marquette Coach Tom Crean was recently hired at Indiana, and a relationship is forging between Jones and the new Hoosier coach. “I talked with Crean a little bit when he was at Marquette, but mostly to Coach Buckley the head assistant,” Jones stated. “He (Crean) called when he got the Indiana job and just said they want me to be a Hoosier and are excited about me coming on a visit Friday.”

Indiana in the midst of an NCAA rules violation from their former coach Kelvin Sampson, and a potential penalty could include a temporary post season ban. “Yeah that worries me a little…an athlete chooses a school for the possibility to play in the tourney and have a chance for a national championship.”

With these new schools getting involved, is Jones scratching off the old schools on his list? Hardly. “Minnesota and Kentucky are at the top of my list. They have been there the whole time and have shown me the most interest. I have to take my other visits still and sort all my options.”

Jones went on to say that playing time, style of play, conference, and coach will all play a role in his decision. "Ill probably decide in about two weeks,” he added.
    http://illinoishsbasketball.com/inde...=675&Itemid=93

Minnesota and Kentucky in the same recruiting battle. Wow.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Minnesota and Kentucky in the same recruiting battle. Wow.
    I thought that was pretty interesting as well.

Another interesting tidbit concerning Armon Bassett and his status, courtesy of the HT blog.

Meanwhile, Bennie Seltzer had a 20-minute conversation with Armon Bassett, the point guard who is still trying to work his way back onto the team after being kicked off by Dan Dakich. Bassett was very loyal to Sampson; Seltzer has a long history with Sampson. He played for him at Washington State, then coached with him for nine years at Oklahoma. When Sampson came to IU, Seltzer went to Marquette. Now, two years later and after so much trouble for his mentor, Seltzer finds himself in Bloomington.

Crean has not said what, if anything, Bassett could do to rejoin the team. But obviously, the two sides are having discussion and there seems to be a possibility that something will be resolved soon.

He's been recruiting himself to UK more than UK has been recruiting him. UK has not been after him hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    He's been recruiting himself to UK more than UK has been recruiting him. UK has not been after him hard at all.
    That's interesting. He makes it sound like they've been recruiting him hard for a long time.

Turn Off Ads?