Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Josh Hamilton goes yard

Josh Hamilton goes yard

Josh Hamilton went deep in the 9th inning off the Seattle closer (Putz) last night to lead the Rangers to a 5-4 victory. I know everyone on this board is probably happy for that young man. Congratulations, Josh!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Hamilton goes yard

Plus he made an amazing catch near the wall earlier in the game and also beat out a chopper for an infield single.

The guy's simply a great player. I hope he continues to do well for the Rangers.

Yep congrats to him. Our redemption shall come Sunday.

Good for Josh. I think two things played into him being traded, The fact he is injury prone and the fact that he wasn't the most liked person in the clubhouse, supposdly asking out of the lineup on days where he would have something minor wrong with him, and the constant babysitting. But I wish the best for him and hope he stays clean and lives a long happy life

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I don't know anything about his status in the clubhouse but could understand how that might be an issue. Beyond that, I hope he hits 40 HR's and has a great career. I miss his offense and defense, hopefully the Reds won't.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I wonder if he preaches in the clubhouse. That would probably turn off some people.

I hear he might have hurt himself yesterday and might be out a month.

Prolonged April Fool's Day!!!!!!!!
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    Yep congrats to him. Our redemption shall come Sunday.

Good for Josh. I think two things played into him being traded, The fact he is injury prone and the fact that he wasn't the most liked person in the clubhouse, supposdly asking out of the lineup on days where he would have something minor wrong with him, and the constant babysitting. But I wish the best for him and hope he stays clean and lives a long happy life
    This is the first I've heard of him not being liked in the clubhouse. Is there a source for that?

I believe Chick Ludwig of the Dayton paper talked about it a week or two ago and I have also heard it on things like 1530 Homer

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    I believe Chick Ludwig of the Dayton paper talked about it a week or two ago and I have also heard it on things like 1530 Homer
    Was it Ludwig? I thought he focused only on the Bengals.

I liked the trade because the Reds really needed the pitching. While we don't have a surplus of offense yet (see Monday), pitching is the more important asset to have.

And if JH had become a distraction in the clubhouse, then you're best bet is to deal him for something. Thankfully, it wasn't Majewski again.

I trawled the googles using "babysit" and "Josh Hamilton" and found this blog entry.

Edit: And I found something on the Reds' website:

On the other side of the argument, Hamilton's years of drug abuse led to speculation his body will be more susceptible to injury. (General manager Wayne Krivsky denied that he was concerned about durability). Some inside the clubhouse also privately complained of Hamilton having then-manager Jerry Narron's brother, Johnny Narron, as a personal coach and mentor. With both Narrons not back for the upcoming season, I don't think that distraction would have been as much of a factor.
    Last edited by BurgervilleBuck; 04-02-2008 at 02:41 PM.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

The Rangers are a lot like the Reds in that they have a hitters park and a lack of starting pitching. I have a friend who is a big Rangers fan, and he always talk about their need for starting pitching. They got themselves a good starting outfielder, but they may regret trading a talented SP prospect down the road. The Rangers have never had trouble finding themselves outfielders.

Turn Off Ads?