Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

Re: Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing Keenan Burton drafted at some point.
    I would love to see them pick up Harry Douglas around the third to fourth round. Velcro hands with speed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    DeSean Jackson just might be the Bengals' selection @ #9.
    No way no how. Malcolm Kelly makes more sense there, and that being said, the Bengals do not need to draft wideout first round.

Henry fit the offense well because Chad and TJ were identical in size, while Henry provided a tall red zone threat. Only three receivers early fill that need(Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy), and all three will likely be gone before the Bengals pick in the second round.

IMO, stick to defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I would love to see them pick up Harry Douglas around the third to fourth round. Velcro hands with speed.
    I like Douglas, but I think he could be there by the 5th round possibly. He would replace Henry. Burton OTOH would be another Craig Yeast.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

If the Bengals don't take D in the first round, I'll have to find something else to do on Sunday's next fall.

Is there any way Limas Sweed makes it to the 2nd round with his injury concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Is there any way Limas Sweed makes it to the 2nd round with his injury concerns?
    He's been projected as a late first round pick. Even if he does make it, I doubt he lasts to the middle of the second.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    If the Bengals don't take D in the first round, I'll have to find something else to do on Sunday's next fall.
    I agree they need defense but WR has become a very close second. Regardless of the draft we're not going to all of the sudden have a shut down defense so we're going to have to score points. The running game is a question mark so we have to have production from Palmer and the receivers. As thin as we are imagine if Chad holds out or one of the big two gets hurt. We might not win a game all year.

There will be a top receiver at #9 but the top defensive linemen might all be gone. I have no problem with them taking a WR in the first over a second tier DT or LB such as Rivers.

I'm thinking more and more that offense is something the 'gals can pick up somewhere other than the draft. You can win if you keep the other team from scoring more than you do, but you can't if you are forced to outscore them. I think they need to stick with the D in the draft, but I know the temptation will be there to look for a tall WR. Maybe they will get lucky; you know what round was TJ picked in.

I am truly bummed about Chris Henry. I think he had the athleticism to be the best receiver on the team. It's a shame his head is just in the wrong place.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I think Simmons may finally get his wish for a WR/KR burner, with Henry being cut.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    No way no how. Malcolm Kelly makes more sense there, and that being said, the Bengals do not need to draft wideout first round.

Henry fit the offense well because Chad and TJ were identical in size, while Henry provided a tall red zone threat. Only three receivers early fill that need(Sweed, Kelly, and Hardy), and all three will likely be gone before the Bengals pick in the second round.

IMO, stick to defense.
    I agree completely, but what we want the Bengals to do, and what the Bengals will do could very well be polar opposites. The Bengals have weaknesses to address on defense, however that doesn't mean they'll actually address those weaknesses.

With the Bengals releasing Henry, they'll have to pick up another WR somewhere, somehow. The first day of the draft might not be the smartest place for the Bengals to do so, but for that very reason, they may just draft a WR on day 1.

Re: Chris Henry charged with assault...

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    not the way the NFL see it anymore. They don't wait for the judicial process.
    Even if this incident turns out to not be true, Henry should've been gone a long time ago. As Michael Wilbon said the other day on ESPN's PTI, "Clear them all out, they're all POISON"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

IMO, stick to defense.
    ESPN reported this morning the Bengals are looking at Kelly. I've never seen Kelly play. He may be great, but I still believe the Bengals must draft defense in the first round.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    ESPN reported this morning the Bengals are looking at Kelly. I've never seen Kelly play. He may be great, but I still believe the Bengals must draft defense in the first round.
    If its between Kelly and Rivers I'd rather they go for Kelly and pick up a LB later. If its between Kelly and Ellis, Gholston, or Dorsey the decision is really easy.

I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering if we'll see more 2 TE, 2 WR sets out of the Bengals next year. Use Utecht as the pass catching TE and try to establish the power running game. Now we just need a RB to step up and stay healthy.

I'm praying that Sedrick Ellis is there at #9. If he's not, the Bengals are in a bad spot. Rivers isn't worth the #9 overall pick, and WR could be addressed just as well in round 2 with a guy like Early Doucet. Their best hope might be to trade down if they can find a partner. Actually the partner may have to find them; the Bengals aren't too proactive in situations like this.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I'm not a big fan of Bengals.com but they're suggesting that they pick what might be seen as "best player available."

What's facing them here is stacking on defense, with, say, Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey, and Troy cornerback Leodis McKelvin. Or, taking an offensive player, like Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly or Michigan State wide receiver Devin Thomas, at a position they could easily get in the second or third round.

But a Harvey (behind Robert Geathers and Antwan Odom) and McKelvin (lined up with Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall) gives the Bengals depth at tough spots to fill.
    Let's face it. The Bengals have so many holes they don't need to reach if the player they covet is unavailable. Unfortunately they seem to be sitting on the first pick of the second tier in this draft which is a very bad place to be. We have to hope that a player that either they or another team covets slips to their spot or they're going to have to reach for someone.

Turn Off Ads?