Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quotes and "Appreciation" of Jeff Brantley - Merged

Quotes and "Appreciation" of Jeff Brantley - Merged

Not only did you totally dismiss his BA w/ RISP, you sound like the biggest moron in the tri-state area.

Horrible job tonight all around, Brantley.

Boo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The JEFF BRANTLEY IS A MORON Thread

I loved Thom putting him in his place. How can he say Edwin isn't clutch? He's been the Reds most clutch hitter since he's been called up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Is it just me, or did EE's homer break Redszone?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I love to listen to JB talk about pitching.

Personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Is it just me, or did EE's homer break Redszone?
    No, a number of us headed over to the Peanut Gallery and yacked it up over there for the moment. Everyone must have jumped on their computers for the utter joy of the moment.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Cowboy needs to lighten up.

Cowboy is a little too in love with intangibles for my taste. Who the heck scouts mound presence above all else in spring training?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Cowboy is a little too in love with intangibles for my taste. Who the heck scouts mound presence above all else in spring training?
    Don't forget intestinal fortitude. That slides in right underneath mound presence.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Jeff Brantley crossed the line on this one. Someone higher up should take him to task for being incompetent and classless. Questioning a player like Edwin on being "clutch" is just dumb and luckily the stats and today's homer proves Jeff wrong. It honestly seems that Jeff has a personal grudge against Edwin and that's just wrong, IMO. It's one thing to have an opinion based on some sort of reality, it's another to just be blatantly wrong and persoannly angry at one of the best players on the team.

Someone needs to sit Brantley down and explain not only the data to Brantley but also his attitude. You can question Thom and Marty all you want but at least most of their anger has even an ounce of statistical backup. Luckily Thom proved that he wouldn't back down from Brantley and that he also knows more baseball than Brantley. Imagine the ego hit that Brantley got listening to someone that has never played the game completely school him? Just awesome!
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Yeah, I ponied up for MLB.tv and listened tonight. If it's possible, he's worse than last year. I don't think I'll be able to handle much more. Just awful!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

That was one of the best things I've ever seen.

BBQ sauce on that foot, Cowboy?

The cowhead was picking on EE last tear even when he was hot in the last few months, I'm sure according to him Edwin's clutch game winning hit was because the pitcher made a mistake or the moon was in his eyes or something ridiculous.
    Go Gators!

I'm not defending, but! He did say he was wrong.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I wish Brantley wouldn't have made that particular comment, although he is entitled to his opinion. EE is a young player, who knows at this stage whether he is clutch or not?

It's fair to say EE has throwing problems and that he hasn't had a lot of extra base hits in the last year or so. But not clutch, I don't see that.

One good sign of the first two games is the bullpen. Not spotless, but some good innings.

I didn't like Baker's move hitting Freel over Hatteberg in the eighth. I also didn't like putting the bunt on with EE. I did like him sticking with Coffey despite the run allowed. Some other managers would have used about five relievers tonight. Only way Coffey gets on track is to get some innings in -- but not game after game after game like last year.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-02-2008 at 10:49 PM.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Save some energy for George Grande, folks!
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?