Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It feels pretty good to be able to go into the 9th with a feeling of confidence...

It feels pretty good to be able to go into the 9th with a feeling of confidence...

Props Cordero on your first save as a Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It feels pretty good to be able to go into the 9th with a feeling of confidence..

Nasty slider to get Byrnes to end the game.

Quite a different feeling going from going to the bottom of the 9th down 2 last night, to being 2-1 now.

Good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Re: It feels pretty good to be able to go into the 9th with a feeling of confidence..

I echo the sentiment of this thread.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Cordero has filthy stuff. I'm sure he'll have his share of rough outings, but it's nice to see a guy go out and blow guys in away with a 1 run lead in the 9th.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

(nodding in agreement)
    Go BLUE!!!

If ever there was a game that would've been a tone setter if blown, this would've been it.

Doing my best Bill Walton imitation: "That slider saved the season for the Reds!"
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'd have liked to have seen Cordero in the 8th inning after Weathers walked his second batter of the inning to make it 1st and 2nd with one out (before walking the bases loaded). Those are the kind of fires a near $50 million man should be called upon to put out.

But thankfully it worked out anyway and the Reds still picked up the W.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I'll take the W...

I must say when I saw Cordero come in for the 9th I felt more comfortable during the 9th inning that I have since Williamson and Graves

I didn't like all of the walks the Reds took today though. I hope Dusty has a heart to heart with the guys before the next game.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

It will be interesting to see if Dusty starts to rely on Hot Rod more and more as the season goes on.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I haven't had problems with the 9th inning in a few years. I've had faith in stormy, it was the 8th that drove me crazy.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Dusty starts to rely on Hot Rod more and more as the season goes on.
    Hot Rod and Mercker. Whodathunkit?

Of course, it's only 2 games.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I'd have liked to have seen Cordero in the 8th inning after Weathers walked his second batter of the inning to make it 1st and 2nd with one out (before walking the bases loaded).
    That would mean that you would have Cordero warming up in the 8th inning of every game we have a lead in.

That would take quite a toll on his arm over the course of the year.

That's the main reason you don't see more 1+ inning saves. The need to anticipate you will need your closer then. I certainly don't encourage warming up our closer in the 8th inning every game on the off chance we need him.

Cordero was simply awesome today. I feel so comfortable going into the 9th inning with a lead now. I never felt this way with Danny Graves or any other closer the Reds have had since I've been a fan. Scott Williamson was great but you never knew if was going to throw strikes on some days.

David Weathers was awful. I'm hoping the Reds can squeeze one more solid year out of him but considering his age and stuff, who knows. Hopefully the Reds won't be shy about bringing up Josh Roenicke if Weathers continues to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Hot Rod and Mercker.
    Sounds like an 80's "Good cop/Bad cop" comedy.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

Turn Off Ads?