Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Adam Dunn

Adam Dunn

Ok I will start by saying I have not been as big of a Adam Dunn fan as many on this board has been in the past but so far this year I am seeing something different from him. He seems to be a more complete player at the plate and in the field . I see him doing the little things at the plate like hitting the ball to the rightside to drive in the run at 3rd . I see him hitting the ball to the left side with the shift on down two to get on which was as big as Edwins three run hommer.

I see him willing to do the little thing that I didn't see from him in the past. If he continues to do these thing to go along with enormous power and his high OBP he will be that much more of a threat to oppossing team and a even bigger monster in the reds lineup. I guess the biggest thing is I see him working to improve his game or maybe it just the new haircut I don't know but I am liking what I see from Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn

We have seen flashes before it will take a whole season for me to change my opinion of him.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    We have seen flashes before it will take a whole season for me to change my opinion of him.
    Really because I haven't. I alway seen the same old Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdwn11 View Post
    Really because I haven't. I alway seen the same old Adam Dunn.
    Flashes can mean a game or two and I have seen that before maybe you just were not looking close enough.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

It has been 3 games. So far, AD has done some of the little things. I hope it continues (along with some of THE BIG THINGS HE USUALLY DOES).
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Flashes can mean a game or two and I have seen that before maybe you just were not looking close enough.
    lol Ok, Maybe it is you who isn't looking close enough because in my original post I said " If he continues to do these thing" so I guess we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    It has been 3 games. So far, AD has done some of the little things. I hope it continues (along with some of THE BIG THINGS HE USUALLY DOES).
    I was talking about spring training as well as those three games.

Will he be signed this year?

Dunn has shown flashes in the past, but they've been simply that. He hasnt continued those flashes to make them the norm. If he were to make some minor adjustments, especially when he's got 2 strikes, that would be huge.

I really dont want the Reds to resign him if he's going to get upwards of 15 mil a year for a few years. I feel that there are quality replacements that can be had for far cheaper in the short term and long term. It's alot easier to find quality OFers than any other position. That said, I can be convinced to change my stance if he has a great season.

Compare Career RISP to Ryan Howard and look what Howard got in Arbitration
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news...bitration.html

For those that want to know:

Over Dunn's entire career, he's hitting .222 with RISP. With 2 outs and RISP that falls to .215 and with the bases loaded it's only .246.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...r&type=Batting

Over Howard's career he's hitting .264 w/ RISP. With 2 outs and RISP, Howard hits .278 and with the bases loaded w/ RISP he hits .250.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...r&type=Batting

Batting average with RISP doesn't tall the whole story. As many people have pointed out, Dunn drove in a run Monday on a fielders choice. That hurts the BA w/RISP but he got the run home. Last year Dunn only had 2 or 3 hits with the bases loaded and he lead the team in bases loaded RBIs. As long as Dunn's OBP with RISP is high (you know, not making outs) then I could care less about that stupid batting average stat. Put Dunn in the 3 hole all season and he'll drive in 110+ runs.

Turn Off Ads?