Turn Off Ads?

Thread: radio link to EE HR anyone?

radio link to EE HR anyone?

Anyone have the call from Marty on EE HR?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: radio link to EE HR anyone?

I heard it on the post-game show that night, but it's not as good as the back and forth between Thom and Brantley. It's typical hall of fame Marty, but the back and forth between the other Brennaman and the Cowboy was instant classic.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I looked on the 700wlw website. I did not see it.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

The TV audio was classic. I don't have it to download but I'll transcibe.

Jeff: "Encarnacion has struck out 3 of his last 5 ABs, he had a terrible spring training, and after that pitch right there, like I said... you need to make sure he can bunt. I don't think he can.

Thom: "Well there is no way they're gonna ask him to bunt with two strikes... breaking ball in the dirt 2-2" See that's the problem when you ask a guy who has never bunted..."

Jeff: "Take him out of the game! If he can't bunt, take him out of the game and put somebody else in there."

Thom: "Well if you believe in the bunt in this situation..."

Jeff: "You're at home, you gotta tie the game!"

Thom: "Again that's that 'by the book' kinda thing. I don't know if there's anybody on that bench that you're gonna bring in to bunt for Encarnacion."

Jeff: "This guy is not a clutch hitter"

Thom: "His numbers would be contrary to that"

Jeff: "He's not a clutch player"

*BOOM*

Thom: "HAMMERED DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE, IS IT CLUTCH? REDS WIN!!! REDS WIN!!!"

It's funnier to watch on MLB.tv but there it is in text for those without.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Marty's call was not all that great. Chrid Welsch was excited in the background a la Joe Nuxhall. It sounds like the TV version was much more entertaining. pffttt....Brantly
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    The TV audio was classic. I don't have it to download but I'll transcibe.

Jeff: "Encarnacion has struck out 3 of his last 5 ABs, he had a terrible spring training, and after that pitch right there, like I said... you need to make sure he can bunt. I don't think he can.

Thom: "Well there is no way they're gonna ask him to bunt with two strikes... breaking ball in the dirt 2-2" See that's the problem when you ask a guy who has never bunted..."

Jeff: "Take him out of the game! If he can't bunt, take him out of the game and put somebody else in there."

Thom: "Well if you believe in the bunt in this situation..."

Jeff: "You're at home, you gotta tie the game!"

Thom: "Again that's that 'by the book' kinda thing. I don't know if there's anybody on that bench that you're gonna bring in to bunt for Encarnacion."

Jeff: "This guy is not a clutch hitter"

Thom: "His numbers would be contrary to that"

Jeff: "He's not a clutch player"

*BOOM*

Thom: "HAMMERED DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE, IS IT CLUTCH? REDS WIN!!! REDS WIN!!!"

It's funnier to watch on MLB.tv but there it is in text for those without.
    Thanks for posting that. I had no idea exactly what was said on the TV side.

I heard the Marty call and it was cool hearing Welsh in the background.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Schnickelfritz

You can find the TV call here.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    You can find the TV call here.
    The sound after Thom said is it clutch...Silence of Jeff putting his foot in his mouth hehe. I still like him as an announcer though just made a bad call
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Turn Off Ads?