Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gathering 2008?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Gathering 2008?

Is there going to be a RZ 2008 gathering?

Frankly, I had a great time last year, met some really fine people, drank large quantities of beer and saw David Ross hit home runs (which he seems to do when I'm in attendance).

Are we going to do it again this year? Creek...are you up to it?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gathering 2008?

I'm glad you posted this, oneupper. My brother and I had a great time too, and we were just talking about how we hope we can do it again this year.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I'd attend as long as you don't invite that loser WilyMoRocks.

I'm up for it- Mid to late June works best. Wasn't that about when we did it last year?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'd love to make one of these one of these days. Mid to late June would be good since I'd be off for summer semester

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I'm up for it- Mid to late June works best. Wasn't that about when we did it last year?
    The Reds only have one full weekend series in June and that's the Boston series (which is premium price and probably won't get good seats). How about July (3 weekend series - Nats, Mets and Rocks) or August (3 weekend series - Astros, Cards and Giants)?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Saturday or Sunday, June 14/15 against the Bosox? Both are day games. Can't we get cheap seats, even, Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Is there going to be a RZ 2008 gathering?

Frankly, I had a great time last year, met some really fine people, drank large quantities of beer and saw David Ross hit home runs (which he seems to do when I'm in attendance).

Are we going to do it again this year? Creek...are you up to it?
    Actually me and Chip discussed this at the pre-OD BP on Sunday - the out-of-town folks probably need to set the date(s) and us local yokels can work around it.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Saturday or Sunday, June 14/15 against the Bosox? Both are day games. Can't we get cheap seats, even, Kitty?
    Welllll... if you go onto the Reds website and click on the ticket icon for all three BoSox games they only give you two options - purchasing a 4 game pack or full season ticket package...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

As much fun as it would be to go to one of the "premium" games, I think any weekend where we could get a group of decent seats would be good. A lot does depend on the out of towners. As long as we pick the date well enough in advance, I can make sure that I get a load back into town for that weekend.

There won't be any cheap seats for that series. And there probably won't even be many seats available for that series.

The Reds sent me a letter in the mail last week giving me an opportunity from April 2nd to April 9th to buy two seats to each of the three games that weekend. That's pretty much my only chance to get anymore seats for that series (I already have Friday seats due to season tix package).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    As much fun as it would be to go to one of the "premium" games, I think any weekend where we could get a group of decent seats would be good.
    I agree with this. As much as I'd love to see the Reds play the Red Sox, some of us will be flying in, getting a hotel, etc., so tickets that are as budget-friendly as possible would be preferable.
    -Air Supply

Looking at the schedule, July 25-27 against the Rockies would be the first choice for CWRed and me.
    -Air Supply

I was tentatively planning on coming up for that weekend (my birthday in June 13).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    There won't be any cheap seats for that series. And there probably won't even be many seats available for that series.

The Reds sent me a letter in the mail last week giving me an opportunity from April 2nd to April 9th to buy two seats to each of the three games that weekend. That's pretty much my only chance to get anymore seats for that series (I already have Friday seats due to season tix package).
    Okay- that makes it seem like it would be tough to swing. If that won't work, I won't be back in town until mid July.

Turn Off Ads?