Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gathering 2008?

Re: Gathering 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I started this thread. Now, I probably won't be able to make it this year due to recent health issues.

GAC - please be the best host you can and everyone raise a couple for oneupper and the REDS!

Hope to see all in 2009.
    You're in my prayers upper. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I started this thread. Now, I probably won't be able to make it this year due to recent health issues.

GAC - please be the best host you can and everyone raise a couple for oneupper and the REDS!

Hope to see all in 2009.
    Take care of yourself, oneupper!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I would like to do this.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I would like to do this.
    You'll enjoy it. Most of these folks aren't as scary in person, but some are scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I would like to do this.

New person has to buy all the tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    You'll enjoy it. Most of these folks aren't as scary in person, but some are scarier.
    Just what are you implying, sir?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Just what are you implying, sir?
    I chose not to name any names...to protect the guilty.

I won't be in town for the Rockies series, but I'll coming for the Mets series during the Reds Hall of Fame weekend.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I won't be in town for the Rockies series, but I'll coming for the Mets series during the Reds Hall of Fame weekend.
    Same here!! I can't wait!!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

So is this thing actually going to happen? If so, I need to get on the ball and find some plane tickets.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Looking forward to it guys.

I just turned in 13 unused tickets for exchange for the Friday, July 25 game. They will be in the View Level.

Now, I've already purchased a ticket for the Saturday game in Section 520 ($13.75). I'm going to call Tickets.com and see if they have a block of tickets available for that game (cheap) either in the View Level or out in the Moon Deck.

I'll keep everyone posted.

2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I just turned in 13 unused tickets for exchange for the Friday, July 25 game. They will be in the View Level.

Now, I've already purchased a ticket for the Saturday game in Section 520 ($13.75). I'm going to call Tickets.com and see if they have a block of tickets available for that game (cheap) either in the View Level or out in the Moon Deck.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Well, I couldn't turn in my Power Pack unused tickets (not part of the exchange). So I have 9 free tickets for Friday night instead of 13. I did find another unused ticket and will try to get it exchanged for a seat right next to the others. Now comes the odd part - they (the Reds) gave me tickets in Section 111 which are field level not view level. Anyhoo, I'm not complaining other than we'll be in the sun for a while. So it's Section 111, Row AA, Seats 10-18.

BTW, Chip and I discussed Saturday night at the game in Cleveland about 7/26...Saturday night's game. We decided that we'll ask at the game on Friday night who wants to attend Saturday and I'll just go and get the tickets, get payment, then hand them out. But we're open to suggestions.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Sorry guys. As much as was looking forward to it, I will not be able to attend the gathering this year. We've had to make some adjustments in our plans with the upcoming school year approaching, and my daughter Rachel and I have to make the trip down to scout out Hocking Hills college.

I was trying to work around it; but with few weekends left between now and mid-August, and it looks like I am going to have to work a couple of those weekends, we have to make this trip down to the school prior to school starting.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Hmmm... should we put the Gathering on hold for next year?

Like I mentioned before, I've only received tickets for Friday nights game - Saturday was TBD. If we shelve the get-together - then I'll open up offers on the rest of the free tickets for Friday. The plus side is that the tickets are FREE, the downside is that you have to sit with me and Chip...

Turn Off Ads?