Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fogg is worse than MIlton

Fogg is worse than MIlton

we will soon see the efficacy of Fogg

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Fogg is worse than MIlton

you gotta give him more the one start. There's way better pitchers than fogg that pitched absolutely terrible this first week. Having Javy catching probably didnt' help out his chances. There gonna give him a few more starts before they cast him off to Louisville.

We have to give Fogg a few more starts before we even consider him worthy of Eric Milton's legacy. Milton had to work for three years (and untold thousands of frustrated redszone posts) before he became a legend. Plus he was 29x the price. I'm willing to give Fogg a chance, but he's going to have to put up much higher numbers before he's even mentioned in the same breath as Milton.
    Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!

part of BBN

Fogg is a # 5 starter and that is it.
    Probably against the lefties of the phils, Milton may have faired better but overall Fogg may have a slighlty better era.
    Still nothing to brag about.

Wouldn't the Reds be better off with Bailey instead? I watched Fogg and saw the same thing as when I watched Milton, Mays, Wilson, Haynes etc. before him. They all stink.

Quote Originally Posted by big boy View Post
    Wouldn't the Reds be better off with Bailey instead? I watched Fogg and saw the same thing as when I watched Milton, Mays, Wilson, Haynes etc. before him. They all stink.
    Possibly, but they need Bailey to get a few months of AAA, so he's better prepared for the good hitters in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Possibly, but they need Bailey to get a few months of AAA, so he's better prepared for the good hitters in MLB.
    Can they call Jose Acevedo and/or Seth Etherton then?

Yea, I dont really no why Fogg is ahead of Volquez. I can deal with him now, but hope to see Belisle or Bailey sooner than later.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

part of BBN

Every team seems to have at least one weak link in rotation.
    Usually the reds have 3. Hopefully Cueto/Volquez can make that #5 spot the weak one in Fogg.
    I call Fogg #5 despite what Dusty's rotation numbers say.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    Yea, I dont really no why Fogg is ahead of Volquez. I can deal with him now, but hope to see Belisle or Bailey sooner than later.
    Fogg breaks up the power arms of Cueto and Volquez. That's what Dusty said earlier today.

However, for him to actually break up those 2 pitchers, we need to have a 3/4 game series of exactly the 3/4/5 starters. It might happen a couple times a year, but I'd rather have Fogg #5 so he can get skipped. Some might say a 2/3/4 series will have Cueto/Volquez, but would anyone ever want Fogg over Volquez just because Cueto pitched before? Doesn't make much sense.

I've always said Fogg is a decent #5 starter, and he is. He'll average around 5.5 IP a start and have an ERA right around 5.00. That's what a #5 Starter does, and you can't expect more. In this case, Fogg is the #4 starter acting as a 5, and Volquez is a #5 acting as a 4. Fogg has been extremely consistent over the past 6 years, he's 31 which is still a peak age, so there's nothing to worry about. He'll do fine.

[QUOTE=mlbfan30;1591838]Fogg breaks up the power arms of Cueto and Volquez. That's what Dusty said earlier today.

However, for him to actually break up those 2 pitchers, we need to have a 3/4 game series of exactly the 3/4/5 starters. It might happen a couple times a year, but I'd rather have Fogg #5 so he can get skipped. Some might say a 2/3/4 series will have Cueto/Volquez, but would anyone ever want Fogg over Volquez just because Cueto pitched before? Doesn't make much sense.

It takes two guys that are very similar, in the fact that they are right-handed, same Mario Soto Changeup, and Same area on the Radar Gun and put a little changeup of Fogg in between the two to keep other teams from getting into a two day groove. Much the way a left-hander does for other clubs.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Fogg is meat. I looked forward to seeing him every time he pitched for the bucs against the Reds. THe only thing that helped him last year was the humidor. He will be dfa'd pretty soon and Bailey will be back up.

that was painful to watch, every time the offense would inch closer, he would give up more runs

Look at the back of his baseball card!

Seriously, though - we know what we're going to get with him.
    Roughly 10 wins, roughly 10 losses, roughly 5.00 ERA.
    Some really good starts, some really bad starts

Give him 2 more starts. Philly is a rock hard team. Fogg doesn't have to be an ace this year. If he can go out and eat up innings, that woud be start in the right direction.

Turn Off Ads?