Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The High Light Zone at GABP

The High Light Zone at GABP

The Reds have made a big deal out of the fact that they now have a highlight zone at the ballpark where they have a bunch of nice TVs and they can show all sorts of other major league games live via the Extra Innings package from Time Warner Cable.

Well this is only a good idea if they set them to the right channels. They had a few of the TVs set to ESPN and a bunch of others were set to Extra Inning channels that had no games currently showing. I almost wanted to look for the remote and change the channels. There were a ton of games on EI tonight but precious few were shown at the ballpark.

What's the use in having something like this if you don't make an effort to set them to channels showing games in progress?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The High Light Zone at GABP

I would call the Reds management and I bet this will be the last time anyone encounters this problem.

They should switch to Directv. They have more HD!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    They should switch to Directv. They have more HD!

You've been brainwashed by those DirecTV commercials!

(you are right, btw, I just really believe those DTV commercials employ hypnotism of some sort)

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I would call the Reds management and I bet this will be the last time anyone encounters this problem.

Good point. I've sent them an e-mail describing the issue on Reds.com. I'll post here if I get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Good point. I've sent them an e-mail describing the issue on Reds.com. I'll post here if I get a response.
    That's one of the best things about Bob C., he really seems extremely intent on customer satisfaction. Especially if it is something that is supposed to be done a certain way but is actually being done someway different.

Where are they? On Opening Day we didn't get around at all except to our seats.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Where are they? On Opening Day we didn't get around at all except to our seats.
    Over by sections 107-109ish. Right next to the new Gameday Pro Shop.

The Reds have made a big deal out of the fact that they now have a highlight zone at the ballpark where they have a bunch of nice TVs and they can show all sorts of other major league games live via the Extra Innings package from Time Warner Cable.

Well this is only a good idea if they set them to the right channels. They had a few of the TVs set to ESPN and a bunch of others were set to Extra Inning channels that had no games currently showing. I almost wanted to look for the remote and change the channels. There were a ton of games on EI tonight but precious few were shown at the ballpark.

What's the use in having something like this if you don't make an effort to set them to channels showing games in progress?
    Hmmm...what time where you watching the TVs? I was there last night and they had the Boston/Toronto, Pittsburgh/Florida, Kansas City/Minnesota, Seattle/Baltimore, Washington/St. Louis, and a couple NBA games - of course, this was about 9:00pm when some of the games were still going on the eastern/central time zones. I didn't go back that way again - so I didn't know if they were showing the west coast games.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'll look at this for today's game. There should be 6 games going on (besides the Reds) after 1pm.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

The example I gave the Reds in my e-mail was about 11pm and there were no other games on. There should have been at least Anaheim-Texas (Josh Hamilton), Cleveland-Oakland (Ohio team) or Dodgers-Padres.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    I'll look at this for today's game. There should be 6 games going on (besides the Reds) after 1pm.
    I never got down that way - will check tomorrow.

I did get a response from the Reds today and here it is:

Thank you for your note. We are in the process of training some of our seasonal ballpark staff to monitor the TVs in the Highlight Zone for the rest of the season. As with many new features to the ballpark, it takes just a little “seasoning” for us to get the process down to perfection. But, we will certainly get there!

Best regards,

Zach Bonkowski
    Promotional Events Manager
    CINCINNATI REDS
    Great American Ball Park

I did get a response from the Reds today and here it is:
    Zach's a good guy - I usually get a pretty good response (even if it's the company line) from him.

Turn Off Ads?