Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imus

Imus

Anyone into the Imus program? I recently got a DVR and now don't miss a minute.

I know there is a good number of degenerates who listen to Howard Stern but I could care less about that slug so please save your breath.

I have gotten the feeling in the past that Ohio isn't Imus country but I thought I would throw it out there.

Anyone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Imus

Nowhere in the United States is Imus country. Just check his ratings.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I used to listen to Don Imus religiously when I was in high school. He (along, with Willie) is responsible for getting me into listening to non-sports talk radio.

I'll always be an I-fan.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

3 Time CY Young winner

Vivian Stringer catches every show.

When I've listened in the past he's seemed a bit too inside baseball for me. I got the idea he was talking to a select audience and I wasn't part of it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

All Stern listeners are degenerates?

How ironic....it was by making the same such rash generalizations that Imus finally was exposed for what he was...a no-talent hack who was able to book some intriguing guests.

Sounds like he has passed the torch nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post

I know there is a good number of degenerates who listen to Howard Stern but I could care less about that slug so please save your breath.
    Degenerates? Slug? Well, at least you used the word please.

You are always such a nice, classy guy
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Anyone into the Imus program? I recently got a DVR and now don't miss a minute.

I have gotten the feeling in the past that Ohio isn't Imus country but I thought I would throw it out there.

Anyone?
    That post alone makes me not want to listen to Imus more.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Funny that fans of a man who spends time interviewing crack *****s take everything said on a message board so seriously. Step back and take a deep breath.

I said a good number of degernates listen to Howard Stern but the comment patrol has turned that into me saying that anyone who listens to Howard Stern is a degenerate. There is a difference. But I know message boards are like my wife, its not what I say but how someone takes what I say. From lessons learned with her, I am sorry.

The last thing I was trying to be when discussing Stern was classy. Is Stern classy? Are people who support his interviews with strippers where he ask to see their breast classy? To me that is much more demeaning of women than anything Imus has said or done.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Nowhere in the United States is Imus country. Just check his ratings.
    Check the attendance at Reds games. Apparently Cincinnati isn't even Reds country judging by your logic.

Check the attendance at Reds games. Apparently Cincinnati isn't even Reds country judging by your logic.
    I think that soemthing was lost something in your translation of WilyMo's quote... Either that, or you just chose a poor analogy.

People are not listening to/watching Imus because they are listening to/watching other programs that entertain them to a greater extent (like Stern if you believe Arbitron ratings).

The only way your analogy about the Reds would apply would be if there were another MLB franchise located in Cincinnati and that team sold out every home game.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I think that soemthing was lost something in your translation of WilyMo's quote... Either that, or you just chose a poor analogy.

People are not listening to/watching Imus because they are listening to/watching other programs that entertain them to a greater extent (like Stern if you believe Arbitron ratings).

The only way your analogy about the Reds would apply would be if there were another MLB franchise located in Cincinnati and that team sold out every home game.
    Ooh, BURN!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post

nm

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Stern > Imus, IMO.

Turn Off Ads?