Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ETA on Belisle?

ETA on Belisle?

Anyone know when Belisle is expected to be available to be called up?

What will be the corresponding move when he IS ready? Can Fogg be sent to AAA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ETA on Belisle?

I thought he was close to being ready? But maybe not. I would rush to send Fogg to AAA. I'd let Belisle start at least a couple of times in AAA and then I would push him out.

Wouldn't Fogg have to clear waivers first before he could be outrighted?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Wouldn't Fogg have to clear waivers first before he could be outrighted?
    Who's going to pick him up? Other than Washington, I'm not sure he'd find a job.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Who's going to pick him up? Other than Washington, I'm not sure he'd find a job.
    Probably not, but you might be surprised.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

That'd be great if someone else picked him up. They'd get to pay the pro-rated portion of his million dollar salary, I assume. Would give us a bit more payflex going down the stretch. I get the feeling the Reds are right up against it right now as far as their player budget is concerned.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That'd be great if someone else picked him up. They'd get to pay the pro-rated portion of his million dollar salary, I assume. Would give us a bit more payflex going down the stretch. I get the feeling the Reds are right up against it right now as far as their player budget is concerned.
    I would expect that the Reds would have to pay all of it. I don't think the salary would be prorated.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Fogg could only be sent down if he had options left. I don't know if he does.

Even if he had options,he could only be sent down with his permission. I doubt he would give it. If he did give it, he would not have to pass through waivers.

Belisle starts tonight for Sarasota. It will be interesting to see how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I would expect that the Reds would have to pay all of it. I don't think the salary would be prorated.
    Are you sure about that? It was my understanding that if he was placed on waivers, any team that picked him up off the waiver wire would be responsible for the pro-rated amount of his salary based on how many games remained in the season.

Are you sure about that? It was my understanding that if he was placed on waivers, any team that picked him up off the waiver wire would be responsible for the pro-rated amount of his salary based on how many games remained in the season.
    I'm pretty sure you're right WMR

I think Belisle can't come back soon enough. I would let him have 1 or 2 outings in AAA after tonight, and assuming they go well enough (and Fogg continues to struggle), I would insert Belisle into Fogg's spot in the rotation.

I would re-evaluate the bullpen situation at that point, and if Fogg seems like a more viable option than Mercker, Lincoln or Coffey, I would keep Fogg in the pen and DFA whoever is struggling the most.

Assuming Belisle joins the rotation in late April/early May, I would then give him until the All-Star Break to prove that he belongs in the rotation. If he pitches like he did in ST, I would let Maloney have his shot after the break, provided Maloney doesn't continue to struggle in Louisville like he did today. The next option would of course be Homer Bailey, but I'd want to make sure Homer is really ready this time around before throwing him to the wolves.
    Go BLUE!!!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

If he's claimed on waivers, you're right. They'd be claiming him contract intact, so they'd pay whatever part the Reds hadn't paid yet. But if he's not claimed and is simply released, anyone who picked him up after that would only have to pay him the MLB minimum with the Reds responsible for the rest. Of course, with Fogg it's not a big difference dollar-wise.
    Not all who wander are lost

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

There's no way the team cuts on Fogg after 1 crummy start -- he'll have to tank at least a month before they make a rotation move.

More than likely, Fogg stays in the rotation until Bailey is ready.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Belisle made a rehab start tonight for Sarasota and put up this line:

8.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 19 GO/4 FO

Give him another rehab start or two and then bring him up to replace Josh Fogg.

Turn Off Ads?