Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Innings/mlb.tv question

Extra Innings/mlb.tv question

Day games on Saturdays are in a blackout for the Fox national game.

With TBS now offering a national games on Sunday afternoons, does this mean that EI and mlb.tv will be blacked out on Sundays?

That would suck.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Extra Innings/mlb.tv question

I got mlb.tv today.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

That's awesome. Wonder if that'll last. Maybe I should have gone with mlb.tv this year rather than EI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Day games on Saturdays are in a blackout for the Fox national game.

With TBS now offering a national games on Sunday afternoons, does this mean that EI and mlb.tv will be blacked out on Sundays?

That would suck.
    There are no blackouts on Sunday afternoons for the TBS games. The only blackout periods are Saturdays before 7PM ET for Fox and Sunday night for the ESPN game.

What's the rationale behind ESPN and FOX getting it, but not TBS.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    What's the rationale behind ESPN and FOX getting it, but not TBS.
    Fox and ESPN probably pay more for exclusive rights.
    /r/reds

I called DirecTV today to ask why I wasn't getting the game, and I was told that the blackout applies on both Saturday AND Sunday before 5 p.m. EST.

Needless to say, I was disappointed, though it wasn't her fault.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess if the blackout does apply to Sunday also. If it does, I'm making another, less civil call.

All dyslexics must untie!

You can check the Red's DTV schedule up to 2 weeks in advance here

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...age=custom.htm
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    You can check the Red's DTV schedule up to 2 weeks in advance here

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...age=custom.htm
    Looking at that, the Reds game will be on EI tomorrow.

I hope so, I really want to see Volquez pitch.

I doubled check the cable Extra Innings schedule and the games are on there tomorrow afternoon. These are the official blackout rules:

A: During specific days/times, certain national broadcasters have exclusive television rights for distributing MLB games. No games are available on MLB EXTRA INNINGS during the following exclusive national broadcast windows:
    ESPN Sunday Nights
    ESPN has an exclusive national broadcast window for all MLB games on Sunday nights. No telecast can be made available for out-of-market distribution during this time. Any games that start after 5:00pm ET on these nights will not be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. The only games available during this time will be on ESPN or ESPN2 and your home team’s Regional Sports Network (RSN) or team affiliated Over-The-Air (OTA) station. Please see local listings for games available during these times.
    FOX Network Saturdays
    The FOX Television Network has an exclusive national broadcast window for all MLB games on certain Saturdays up until 7:00pm ET. No telecast can be made available for out-of-market distribution during this time and will not be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS. The only games available during this time will be on FOX. Please see local listings for games available during these times. Any games available for the package that start after 7:00pm ET on Saturdays will be part of MLB EXTRA INNINGS.

How many people are using the MLB TV and are you pleased with it? How is the picture quality? Is the streaming consistent? Timely? buffering issues? How many games are available? Value? I haven't done MLB TV before and have only done EI during free previews. Curious to get people's opinions.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    How many people are using the MLB TV and are you pleased with it? How is the picture quality? Is the streaming consistent? Timely? buffering issues? How many games are available? Value? I haven't done MLB TV before and have only done EI during free previews. Curious to get people's opinions.
    I've been a subscriber of MLB.TV since it was introduced. This year, I feel the picture quality of the basic version has decreased substantially and it is less compatible than it was before... I can no longer watch it on TV with my MSN TV2 box. I'm less eager to recommend the service this year than I have been in years past.

It used to be that the basic version of the service provided pictures of VHS quality, which was fine with me. Now, it appears to be less than VHS quality, and MLB never seems to miss an opportunity to remind me that I can get better quality for another $30/year. I'm suspicious that it's deliberately worse than it used to be.
    /r/reds

Blackout rules are so ridiculous. MLB.tv + Working Proxy is what I'm stuck with at college.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

mlb.tv is great - you can watch all the games any time you want really. The only problem tends to be a buffering issue but thats on my end - the computer has too many programs in the systray which I will need to clean out.

I highly recommend it considering it costs a whole bundle less than cable plus sports package plus EI - plus you can download mosaic which lets you watch mulltiple games at once.

So I just bought Extra Innings. Haven't done so in couple of years, and for the first time on DirecTV.

Is there an additional charge to gain access to HD games? I just purchased through the website, and didn't notice an option for it, although admittedly I didn't really look very hard. If so, ugh. Hoping to get away with doing it without actually having to call and talk to someone.

Turn Off Ads?