Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kyle Snyder DFA'd

Kyle Snyder DFA'd

Any interest? He had a 3.81 ERA last season for the Sox in relief.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kyle Snyder DFA'd

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Any interest? He had a 3.81 ERA last season for the Sox in relief.
    He doesn't really miss bats, has command issues, several arm surgeries and BIP tendencies swerving toward flyball pitcher. He can switch hit though. Hey, it works for Javy!!!!!
    Last edited by jojo; 04-06-2008 at 08:48 AM.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    He doesn't really miss bats, has command issues, several arm surgeries and BIP tendencies swerving toward flyball pitcher.QUOTE]
    Sounds like our guy!!!

Seriously I think the reason he has intriqued is his versatility and his style looks so similar to a taller Arroyo that I have wondered if he would prove equally sucessful in the NL.
    Last edited by klw; 04-06-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

Sounds like our guy!!!
    In all seriousness, I'm not pooh poohing the notion of grabbing up potentially useful players. Someone is in a position where they should take a flyer on Snyder for middle relief. I'm actually arguing that the Reds are to a point where they should pass on a righty like Snyder due to their depth. If he was left-handed, maybe it would be a different story.

This is a good thing I think.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

He's just not a good pitcher.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I'd rather have Cory Snyder.
    Witty signature.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Let's not confuse a decent ERA with actually pitching well. They're only loosely correlated, especially in 54 innings. Looks like a right-handed Jeremy Affeldt to me.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Yeah, any other year, I think he'd be worth taking a flyer on. However, I'd think at this point the Reds would be better off trying Roenicke over someone like Snyder.

No thanks, I'd rather see what some of the AAA guys can do
    Go Gators!

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

He's kind of a worse version of Jim Brower, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind having him in AAA, but I'd rather see Adam Pettyjohn up before Kyle Snyder.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    He's kind of a worse version of Jim Brower,...
    Whoa, that is one heck of an indictment. He may come after you for saying that.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Whoa, that is one heck of an indictment. He may come after you for saying that.
    I'm not worried--I'm sure Pettyjohn's got my back.

What's the story with Petyjohn? I see he has only made the Show back in 01 with the Tigers and is 30. Did he get hurt or has he just stumbled around in the minors for 6+ years?

He's battled injuries quite a bit. I believe he's had a couple Tommy John surgeries or so.

Turn Off Ads?