Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is your pick to win the NCAA Men's basketball championship?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Memphis Tigers

24 53.33%
  • Kansas Jayhawks

21 46.67%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your pick to win the NCAA Men's basketball championship?

Re: Who is your pick to win the NCAA Men's basketball championship?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for me, thanks Memphis on nice FT's to end it.
    Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!!!!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I feel like I just ran a marathon. I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Thank you, Mario, for stepping up when no one else could. Billy Packer was a little premature with his "shot of the tournament" call.

Sherron Collins, man, you've got a lot of growing up to do, but thank you for putting your boneheaded plays behind you and icing the game at the free throw line.

Rock

Chalk

Jayhawk

K

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I cut and pasted everyone who voted before the game started earlier in the thread, so the cheaters WILL be exposed.
    I cheated.

Outstanding game last night....but now it will be long day today. I am still sleepy.

Congrats Johnny. If there was one team I wanted to see win it all it was Kansas. There really is no star on the team, they just all play together.

Dorsey should have been rang up with a technical after he chestbumped Aldrich/Kahn after the dunk. I could see not calling CDR slamming the ball out of frustration, but why they didn't on Dorsey is beyond me.

I wonder if this will hurt Derrick Rose's draft stock. He was projected as a top two pick. It might not hurt it much, but Bayless and Mayo could challenge him.

Did anybody else see the tribute to Keightley in the "One Shining Moment" video?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

BTW, I have a feeling that Self will take the Oklahoma State job. I know he turned it down earlier in the press, but he has nothing more to accomplish at Kansas. If he left, it wouldn't be near the sting of Roy Williams, even though he would have to make an annual trek to Lawrence every year.

If that happened, then the Billy Gillispie to Kansas rumors would start, which makes more sense than the OSU rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Nothing like making your choice after the fact....
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Very good game last night. I picked Memphis to win but their achilles heel came back to bite them in the rear at the end of regulation. I bet Douglas-Roberts and Rose feel pretty bad right about now and it's sad. They are both very good players.

Who's going to start the Bill Self to OSU countdown thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I feel like I just ran a marathon. I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Thank you, Mario, for stepping up when no one else could. Billy Packer was a little premature with his "shot of the tournament" call.

Sherron Collins, man, you've got a lot of growing up to do, but thank you for putting your boneheaded plays behind you and icing the game at the free throw line.

Rock

Chalk

Jayhawk

K

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
    Congrats and enjoy! You never know when one will come your way again. I'm a UK fan and I've been fortunate to be able to enjoy three of them in my lifetime. It's something, as a fan, you should never take for granted.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Dorsey should have been rang up with a technical after he chestbumped Aldrich/Kahn after the dunk. I could see not calling CDR slamming the ball out of frustration, but why they didn't on Dorsey is beyond me.
    There was an intentional foul by Rose (I think), who lost the ball to Brandon Rush, then undercut him as Rush went up for the layup in the game's opening minutes.

There was a ridiculously flagrant intentional foul in the closing minutes of overtime as well. Sherron Collins threw a cross-court pass, and long after the ball was gone, a Memphis player ran up and shoved Collins with two hands in the chest. I know, "the refs will never call that in a close game," but still, come on. He nearly punched Collins in the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Congrats and enjoy! You never know when one will come your way again. I'm a UK fan and I've been fortunate to be able to enjoy three of them in my lifetime. It's something, as a fan, you should never take for granted.
    Thanks. I was lucky enough to watch the 1988 KU/Oklahoma game, and I rooted for Kansas, but I didn't have the connection to the school back then that I do now. The Jayhawks went twenty years with incredibly talented teams that just fell short. This one was special, though. They learned, adjusted, and grew up. What a fantastic feeling!

Congrats, Johnny!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

WV, Billy G's not going to KU. It actually made more sense--if you can call it that--that he would go to OSU b/c of Boone Pickens. No way he leaves UK for KU.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    WV, Billy G's not going to KU. It actually made more sense--if you can call it that--that he would go to OSU b/c of Boone Pickens. No way he leaves UK for KU.
    Mark Mangino makes more $ than Self. So, I tend to agree.

But he's about to make a whole lotta money, stay or go.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Mark Mangino makes more $ than Self.

The man has to eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2nd in my bracket poll!

$40 in my pocket!

Turn Off Ads?